Dancers Anonymous > 1,001 things to do on Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Supposing Valentine's Day fell on the weekend, or you and your SO took a day's holiday to be together. What 1,001 things can you do, that is, ummm, viewable here on DF without parental guidance :wink: :D

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Dance, dance, dance...in all places that we could, and all the different dances that we can think of. :wink: :) (I believe that covers it all in a PG-13 way of speaking. :wink: :) )

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I wonder who it was that said that men have a one track mind :? :lol: :wink:

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I said dancing. Just add a word or two and those ladies hearts go racing and their minds start thinking crazy things!! What they will have to tell me as I'm confused. :)

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

You are no more confused than I am from out of space :wink: :lol:

6. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Outside of making that person dinner, or making dinner together...

I'm generally a cheap date. Just hold my hand and look into my eyes and smile.

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Probably a woman? ;) :lol:

8. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Men are just more honest. Women are just as naughty as we are (most likely a lot more)...they just like to pretend they are not. :p :wink:

9. DancePoet

I shared this experience over on the "Advantages of being alone on Valentine's Day" thread.

"For my last SO, I put together a small basket of little gifts like a scented body lotion she loved, a gift book where she could pick out a piece of jewelery to her style, and a little box of special chocolates, etc. Then I arranged with the restauraunt to bring the basket of gifts to the table after we finished ordering so she could unwrap the gifts while we waited for our food! You should have seen all the appreciative looks and smiles, and heard the comments we got from other tables. It was a very nice evening."

About the only thing that would have made this more special, would have been to go dancing. Unfortunately, she didn't want to go. :(

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Drink some great champagne, eat something totally excellent that I spent several hours preparing, and hang out at home with the heat cranked and the cats playing around us while we watched a cool movie on satellite.

11. DancePoet

This sounds pleasant!

12. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

DancePoet -how sweet and thoughtful of you! That's the way I'd like to be appreciated. :mrgreen:

13. DancePoet

Thank you CCCCat!

So if I take you out for Valentines Day would you be willing to go dancing after dinner? ;)

14. chachachacat

Absolutely! We'll start slow and end up with a tango!
    Will you dance across 3,000 miles to pick me up?

15. chachachacat

oh, gosh, my first-ever Dance Forum flirt, and I missed it!

16. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Ok girls, who told?? :)

17. DancePoet

Well this is very tempting!

I'm feeling for the first date we probably should meet at a special restaurant yet plan on a quick dinner, just long enough to get to know each other alittle bit, flirting won't hurt, and then off to a social dance. How about waiting for a nice slow Waltz for our first dance? Or maybe a Rumba? I like Foxtrot, Cha-Cha, and of course Tango. ;) I can do an ok V. Waltz, and a better Quick Step, too.

Not sure I want to dance across 3,000 miles, but I could start up a Fund to Send DP to Take CCCC Out For Valentine's? ;)

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

With my ex, I used to make Valentines Day a HUGE deal. I'd buy the little kiddie Valentine cards and a couple bags of chocolate kisses and hide them all over the place -- in his briefcase, in the cars, in his sock drawer, in the shower. You name it. He'd be finding them for weeks before and after the holiday.

The longest it took him to find one was almost a year. That one was in kitchen cabinet where I kept cleaning fluids, of all places. I thought hmm... this man is not cleaning enough! :lol: :lol:

It was fun though. I think I had just as much hiding the valentines as he did finding them. 8)

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

"Hmmm...This one tastes a little like...a little like...TIDY BOWL?!" :shock:

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL! No. I hid one of the little paper valentines in there. The chocolates only went in places where I knew he'd find 'em quick. This was Florida, after all. 8)