Dancers Anonymous > 1,001 things to do on Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

:-D

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

gazing at these makes me so happy... they're the exact shade of several bushes that grew out back of our farmhouse years ago... very fond memories.

thanks jay! :D

3. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

What do I expect from DH from the standard Valentine’s Day checklist?
    Chocolates? Probably not.
    Flowers? Probably not.
    Dinner? Just like any other night.
    Dancing? Regular class.
    A schmaltzy card? Probably.

Chocolates: DH is a chocoholic, but I’m not. We’re still working on the box his father gave me for Christmas. DH will take one only when I remember they’re there and I offer to share, so a box lasts a long time. I don’t care much for other candy either, but it’s our tradition to have little hard candies to stink on at the ballet (reduces coughing), and DH made sure to have some last Friday for the first performance of the season.

Flowers: We’re not home often enough for me to really appreciate them. When we have them in the house, sometimes I forget they’re there and they wilt into a pile of neglected petals before I notice and clean them up. But we have plenty of living green stuff right outside our windows. We live in a Mediterranean climate so we never really lose our view. Even now when the deciduous trees are bare, we still have bushes and vines. We’ve put a lot of work into our yard. DH is in charge of the portion we set aside for annuals, and I’d rather have that than store-bought flowers any day.

Dinner: Either we’ll go out, or DH will cook. Either way I’m always off the hook. On Valentine’s Day this year, though, we’ll have to make it quick because of ….

Dancing: Let’s see, it’s Wednesday, so … yes, we have dance class. But even though some of the other leads in the class are much “better” than he is, I’m always happy to rotate back to DH.

A schmaltzy card: I don’t get sentimental over cards, and I don’t miss it if it’s not there. What matters is that DH tells me he loves me at least once a day.

What have I done to deserve this? I haven’t a clue, but DH is happy if I occasionally let him know I appreciate his efforts. It’s a good deal for me, so I’m willing to sign up for another 30 years.

4. chandra

chandra New Member

Awwwww! *tear* *sniffle*
    Thank you!

5. Indiana_Jay

You're welcome! :)

6. Indiana_Jay

Very happy to have made you happy!

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Indiana_Jay, I am nominating you for the DF Florist of the Year Award! ;)

Some beautiful photos!! :D

8. Indiana_Jay

Thanks, Pacion! Here's one for you:

[​IMG]

9. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Indiana_Jay, I like carnations.

10. Indiana_Jay

[​IMG]

11. Indiana_Jay

[​IMG]

(Peach blossoms)

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

valentine's day plans have begun to unfold... BF asked me to take that day off.

"ah... and what do you have in mind...?" i asked.
    "serendipity..." he replied.

beyond that, it's only been decided that we'll hop in the car & travel toward some direction previously undetermined, equipped with both nice clothes & rugged warm clothes... and the rest will get sorted as things unfold.

i like a good adventure...

13. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Thanks! ;)

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I made 11 gift baskets at work yesterday. It was fun thinking of new ideas. For instance, I'd put a fancy watch around two wine glasses etc. with some other stuff inside the baskets. The women wanted to buy them for themselves lol. Now that's an idea lol! It was fun! It's just to bad they weren't for me!!! ;)

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

As Valentine's Day is approaching, I thought I might dust off some of these Valentine's Day threads. :D

So... :bump: