Dance Ads > 2 Beautiful Ballgowns for Sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by skwiggy, Feb 25, 2007.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Sorry...completely missed your query. I probably won't be able to do standard with my latin teacher as he doesn't do standard at all; smooth he will do....so, I'd have to "smoothify" the dress...

Did Joe make this one? Maybe he'd know if it's easily enough alterable.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

nothing to choppin' a float off

3. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

MQ, like I said before, I wore this dress and I am your approximate height (5'7.75" - 5'8") and exact measurements in the bust and waist (with a little more back than you;)) and it fit me. It'll probably hang longer on you than it did on me due to the aforementioned "back" differential" but as far as I remember it's a good thing because it was slightly shorter than I like:)

4. fascination

now stop that...the red has my favorite neckline...but no...alas, it will be at least november before I buy a new dress...and it won't be red or purple...I already have plans:cool:

5. mamboqueen

Well, I'll just add 4" of padding to make it hang a little higher :).

I really like the neckline on that dress, too. Simple...but it being a little wide, helps even my shoulders and hips out. Now to take some smooth lessons...which I have been meaning to do (and did several years ago).

Thanks!

6. mamboqueen

Do you think it flares out enough for smooth? Hard to tell in the pic...but the last time I showed my former teacher a standard dress, he said that I should be able to pick up the bottom and hold it straight out at my sides.

7. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

It would be very easy to remove the float. I had it added, actually. When I bought it there weren't any floats.

So fascination, any chance you'll let us know what your plans are for your next dress? :)

8. skwiggy

Hmmm, when you describe it like that, I'm not sure if the skirt is wide enough. But if you try it on in a month, that's certainly one way to find out for sure!

9. fascination

:nope:

10. fascination

the skirts are getting less flared...and unless you are really into the whole play with your skirt thing (which I LOATHE)...they look fine to me

11. skwiggy

I can't wait to find out!!

12. mamboqueen

No, I have enough to do with stepping in the right direction, nevermind the flailing of the skirt...although I did have a teacher early on who had me do this and I can't tell you how many times it ended up over my head, covering my eyes, etc. I was pretty much cursing him the whole time. And this was in BRONZE!

13. fascination

well, the new smooth will undoubtedly be my new avatar byt the end of the month but I have some ideas for a new standard and a new latin...that I expect to explore by year's end and rest assured I am not likely to be secretive once its a reality...BOT...they are both beautiful gowns that you are selling...and my experience in buying one from you previously was a good one FWIW to those who are curious

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, beautiful!

(And the dresses are nice, too!)

15. skwiggy

Thank you for the buyer's reference! :)

16. skwiggy

Thanks, Peaches. :)

17. skwiggy

Oh yea, and I guess I should mention that the girl in the photo with the lavender dress... not me. I know it's hard to tell with all the heads chopped off. :)

18. skwiggy

Reduction

Both of these gowns are still for sale.

The red has been reduced to $650 USD, and the lavender has been reduced to $400 USD.

I am also selling a purple gown, made by one of DF's own for $975, pictures attached.

If anyone is interested in trying on any of these gowns and plans to be at Ohio Star Ball, let me know ahead of time and I will bring them with me for you to try on.

Beautiful purple ballgown with lavender swoosh. Decorated with 50 gross of swarovski rhinestones. Rich purple color shows well on the floor. Fits size 10-12 US or maybe even larger since it is very stretchy.

Attached Files:

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

How tall is the woman in the purple dress - I am just over 5'10" and its hard finding used gowns...

20. skwiggy

The woman in the purple dress (that's me!) is 5'6". Depending on your dress size, the red (see the first post) may be long enough. The slimmer the lady, the lower that one hangs, and it was made for a lady about your height.