Event Announcements > 2005 USA Dance Southwest Regional Results

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

The results from the 2005 USA Dance Southwest Regional DanceSport Championships are now online at www.usabda-norcal.org

Thanks to everyone who attended this event!

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You must be exhausted, but in a good way. Congrats on what I'm sure was another resounding success. :D :cheers:

3. Laura

Laura New Member

I am completely exhausted but it all worked out well. Really only one glitch from my point of view, and it only affected one couple, but the truth is I feel really badly if it doesn't go smoothly for everyone. Of course, with that many dancers, I had a 99% success rate, but still when something goes wrong I hate it because I know how it feels.

I didn't end up dancing, my partner had a family emergency. It's just as well, though, because I was really nutso busy during the time that we were supposed to be dancing. Fortunately I had good people working with me who were a real help.

Our next little comp is at the end of July, and then we're hosting another Regionals-sized one in mid-November. I love doing this but that's plenty for one year! :)

4. pygmalion

99% = A++ :wink: :D

Congrats. :notworth: :D

5. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Ditto! Thank you for your excellent service to the ballroom world! :applause:

6. pygmalion

Yup, Laura. You're one of the good ones. :D

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Congrats on a job well done!

If you were 99% happy, then imagine how many folks were as a result of your efforts! :D

8. Laura

Laura New Member

Well, *I* I was 99% happy, but I know that there were a few other people who were not...but their unhappiness wasn't my fault and there was nothing I could do about their situations, so I will leave them in peace. I think the event was "good enough" this time around, and of course we've got some ideas for next time to make it better.

BTW, I posted the judges' scoresheets yesterday, too.