Dancers Anonymous > 2006 DF Silent Auction

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Looks like we've done well so far! :D A huge thanks to all the donors and bidders.

T_E

2. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

I consider my bid to be a gesture of support for DF, and I will fulfill it with or without the updated links. I mentioned the links because, as a newcomer, I found it frustrating to go to the stickies and find dead ends. If it will take too much work to fix them, maybe it would be better to eliminate the links unless and until there is time to re-create them. An unfulfilled expectation is very disappointing. Sigh.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

agree zhena...and eliminating them may or may not happen promptly for the same reasons...I for one am grateful for your feedback and input, and any response I gave you wasn't meant to convey any condemnatory overtone...I hope it didn't...speaking for myself only I simply want you be be aware that this is a small volunteer staff with many duties, and thus certain changes just won't be prompt due to where they are on the to-do list...good luck with your bid

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

We're down to the last two days! Please help support the DF!

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. I can see how it'd be frustrating to not see the links updated frequently, especially if you need information. :(

But, out of loyalty to DF, I feel compelled to share that, despite its size and smooth operation, DF is run by a VERY small group of volunteers who have tons of other responsibilities -- careers, families, school, work.

As much as they'd like to keep everything current all the time, it may be just impossible for the current core group of DF mods and admins. Even back when DF had its highest number of moderators (somewhere between 15 and 20, IIRC,) some support services had to go undone, because there just wasn't enough time for anyone to do them. Now, the majority of the staff that was with DF back then has moved on to other responsibilities of their lives. And, to make things even more difficult, DF has grown far beyond what any of us ever imagined possible, in such a short timeframe.

As an aside, its ad hoc nature may be one of the keys to DF's phenomenal success. DF is non-commercial, so you won't see annoying, intrusive ads or posting restrictions. Unfortunately, the down side is that, sometimes, there won't be an available volunteer to provide the support any given member needs.

Really, IMHO, given all the techies and other DF members with relatively generous resources of time, energy, and/or cash, things like updating links could be a non-issue.

6. SDsalsaguy

Yup, we gladly accept help updating links! :D

7. Corne

Corne New Member

I'll volunteer an attempt at updating the links. If i can be provided with the access (userid & password etc.) and a quick what/how-to-do i can do it as and when time permits.

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

bid bid bid

9. SDsalsaguy

Today's the last day of open bidding so, if there's anything you'd bid on or want to, please make sure to have your highest bids submitted by 11:59pm (California time) tonight! The highest bids received by that time win!

10. SDsalsaguy

Just over 8 hours to go...

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It looks like this year's responses have been a bit slow, compared to previous years. I wonder ... :?

Oh well.

Yes. Bid, people. Bid. Without your support (Yes, I mean you personally.) DF may not have the financial resources it needs to survive.

Contribute something, bid, or pledge financial support. There really, truthfully, is no pile of cash supporting this site we all love so much. DF needs the proceeds from this auction. So please help.

12. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Pay up!
    Updated links

I haven't got money this month, but I can spend a little time if it will make others spend money!

13. SDsalsaguy

Wow wooh, that's awesome! We'll definately make that thread a sticky!

14. SDsalsaguy

30 minutes to go!!!

15. Me

Me New Member

I need to know if that Jive video is in PAL format or not. Thanks! ;D

16. SDsalsaguy

Sorry Me, but I posted all the information that was given to me. :?

17. SDsalsaguy

Actually, do you want to make a conditional bid, i.e. IF it is PAL you bid "X"? Seems like that might be reasonable until will find out...

18. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I thought I answered this (maybe it's buried somewhere).
    It is NTSC, not PAL. I only linked to the UK site because it had a good description of the video.

19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaand happy new month! :D
    Auction's over, I suppose. Did it go well?

T_E

20. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Just let me kow how to pay!