Ballroom Dance > Videos > 2007 IDSF European Latin Championships

Discussion in 'Videos' started by northstar16, May 18, 2007.

1. northstar16

northstar16 New Member

Hi! I'm Renae. A longtime lurker and first time poster. I've been a fan and follower of dancesport since first seeing one of the PBS Championship Ballroom Dancing specials about 13-14 years ago. I've taken group lessons in ballroom/latin, strictly for social, for about a year and a half now.
    I wanted to share a long-ish (about 15 mins.) but high quality video on a German website of the recent IDSF European Latin Championship held in Denmark last month. This page linked, and the video, are in English.

http://www.dancing24.com/index.php?id=802&L=1

It gives a brief, but nice overview of the top European Am. Latin competitors. Narrator mentions near the end that this was the last amateur comp for the Stokkebroes. Hadn't heard this anywhere else, but should make Blackpool more interesting! Thanks for reading.

Renae

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF northstar16! Wow, 15 minutes? I think it'll break my computer. *grin*

Thanks for posting the info!

3. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

I was watching that video just the other day. It's linked to from the IDSF's website. One thing I found interesting about it is that they didn't have the music played at the comp on the soundtrack. I'm presuming they didn't want to get invovled in the licensing issues which might arise.

4. northstar16

northstar16 New Member

LOL! I was just trying to add my $0.02 of viewing enjoyment to the site! I know your computer will survive. : ) Thanks for the welcome, latingal, I've long enjoyed visiting this forum. I was wary of posting this because of the length (it's in Quicktime, FWIW), but it is worth a look if you've got a little time.

**northstar**

5. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

Thanks northstar!!!!!

6. rainerng

rainerng Member