Event Announcements > 2007 International Grand Ball (San Francisco area)

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Come to the International Grand Ball dancesport competition, July 27-29 at the San Francisco Airport Marriott. This competition includes Professional, Pro/Am, and Amateur events, and is one of the highlights of the Bay Area dancesport calendar.

For more information, please see Stephan & Denise Krauel's web site at www.internationalgrandball.com .

(And for those of you who love online entries and PDA-based judging, know that this year's competition is being run via Mark Tabor's O2CM system, with online entries, online marks sheets after the event, and so on.)

Entry deadline is July 1st! Don't miss this event!

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Entry discount for Amateur couples!

Do you need a warm up for the 2007 USA Dance Nationals? Would you like to visit San Francisco during our glorious summer? How about getting a huge discount on your entry fees?

The 2007 International Grand Ball announces a big discount on entry for any amateur couples who are entered into the 2007 USA Dance Nationals! Stay tuned for details!!!!

3. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reminder - we need to sign up! Are you dancing? Look forward to seeing you there!

:)

4. Laura

Laura New Member

I will be dancing Pro/Am Standard there, with you-know-who.

But for all you Amateurs -- if you send in proof that you have entered USA Dance Nationals, the organizers will give you free entry to the competition. If you entered USA Dance Nationals online, then print out and send in the confirmation email showing that you paid (you can black out your credit card information) when you send in your entry for IGB. Or, just forward the email to the organizers at info@internationalgrandball.com .

Anyway, this is an EXCELLENT deal for Amateur dancers who are headed to USA Dance Nationals. Don't pass it up! The IGB is a great competition run by some of the nicest and most supportive organizers on the West Coast. Stephan & Denise Krauel do a great job putting on a lovely competition for Pros/Pro-Ams/Amateurs. If you have any questions, see their web site at http://www.internationalgrandball.com

5. reb

reb Active Member

Thanks Laura. We're going! Freeee!

I can get free hotel on points, now where's that free airline ticket I had laying around here . . .

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Can't they just print out a heatlist?

7. Laura

Laura New Member

No, because in O2CM anyone can sign up for an event and have their names end up in the heat list without actually paying. Therefore, for the purposes of free entries to IGB, we need stronger confirmation.

If someone doesn't have their confirmation email for USA Dance Nationals, they can get proof by contacting the Registrar, as the Registrar can look at the payment records (which don't show the credit card number, by the way, in case anyone is nervous about that) and verify entries that way.

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like a failing of O2CM...which, BTW is a big old conflict of interest, IMO.

9. Laura

Laura New Member

IGB Entry Deadline is July 1st

Just a reminder: the entry deadline for the 2007 International Grand Ball is July 1st. So get on the web site and get your entries in :)

See you at the comp!

10. Laura

Laura New Member

Deadline extended...plus free workshops!

Thinking about competing in the International Grand Ball? Well, get your entries in! There's still time, as Stephan Krauel says he will accept entries up until July 23rd.

Please see the web site at www.internationalgrandball.com for online entries and printable entry forms.

ALSO, did you know there will be free dance workshops during the Saturday and Sunday afternoon sessions? Check the Schedule page on the web site or contact Stephan at info@internationalgrandball.com for more details.

11. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

No, I didn't know that, and it isn't mentioned on the Schedule page on the web site (or anywhere else that I could find). Maybe Stephan will be kind enough to post something.

12. Laura

Laura New Member

Sigh, the front page of the web site says to check the Schedule page and there is nothing once you get there.... I will find out and let you all know!

13. Thanks Laura! I'd love to get more details about the workshops ... We're definitely going and love the nationals deal too :) thanks for the heads up. you're always a great source of info and are so kind to spread the word ...

14. Laura

Laura New Member

Regret to say no workshops after all....

Hi Standard Dancer. Due to the very large increase in entries at this year's International Grand Ball over last year's, the proposed workshops will not be held.

15. Laura

Laura New Member

Heat lists are up!

The heat lists for the International Grand Ball are now online! If you have any questions, please email Stephan at info@internationalgrandball.com or call 650.366.0504 .

See you all at the competition, and happy dancing!

16. Hi Laura,

I'm sorry to hear that about the workshops. Thanks for the update though. See you at IGB! We'll be there Saturday night, hope to run into you then :)

SD

17. Laura

Laura New Member

I'll be there the whole weekend. You'll probably find me handing out competitor numbers :)

18. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

I'm planning on going to the Friday evening, Saturday day, and Sunday day sessions. Possibly other sessions as well. Not sure what the IGB Champions Grand Slam is. Would anyone recommend either of the Saturday or Sunday evening sessions? Also, any DFers interested in meeting up?

19. reb

reb Active Member

TC, we'll be there, cheering Saturday evening, competing Sunday evening only

20. Gumby

Gumby New Member

I'll be there from early evening friday through Sunday night.

I'm competing Sunday afternoon and evening.

I have even more to be excited about than usual this year cause three people from my studio including one of my instructors will be wearing dresses I made. I think I'm almost more nervous about how the dresses work out than I am about my dancing.

I hope to see you all there.