Dancers Anonymous > 2008 DF Silent Auction!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the 2008 DF Silent Auction!!!

As many of you know DF hosts an auction at the end of each calendar year to help offset some of the many costs of our continued growth and activity. Our continuing expansion, upgrades, and improvement are certainly a result of our members’ ongoing participation and contributions, and we are proud of DF’s ever greater site traffic. Once price of our ongoing success, however, are ongoing expenses for hosting, as well as the need to pay for outside programming help as needed from time to time. As such, occasional fund raisers (such as our annual auction) represent an opportunity for members and supporters to contribute to paying for our monthly hosting charges, software upgrades, and programming assistance.

New for the 2008 DF Silent Auction is our very own automated auction system! You can start donating items now, including uploading pictures, and we will be accepting item donations through November 30th. You can start making bids on November 15th, with bids being accepted through December 15th.

PLEASE NOTE: donated items do not have to be dance related!!! All that matters is that it is something you are willing to donate to help support DF, be it dance shoes, an old lamp, a batch of cookies, an hour of your time, or whatever else you're willing to contribute! Again, any and all auction "item" donations can be made through Nov. 30, with bids to be placed Nov. 15-Dec. 15.

Donations and bids can be placed here: Dance-Forums Auction

[FONT=&quot](For those who keep track of these things, yes, we're getting started and running a little later this year... oops!)
    [/FONT]

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Hey... Was wondering where we can talk about the items and/or ask questions about them.
    Also, was wondering why there's no banner linking the auction on the top of the page. Ran into the auction thread link by COMPLETE accident. You're most probably really busy but I'm just wondering.
    Other than that, yay for the auction! :D

3. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

/ponders over what he can do with brand new capezio fishnets :)

Added an item of interest :lol: (I'm so going to get a slap)

4. SDsalsaguy

Ummm, how about in this thread? ;)
    Should be up soon. Hopefully DM can get to that today.
    Indeed! :cheers:

5. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Will there be pictures? It looks like there should be when you click on the items, but I'm not seeing any. Is it just me?

6. SDsalsaguy

Our auction software supports pictures, but it is up to the donor to post such... and better a donation without a pic than no donation. ;)

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Well I of course appreciate the donations, but they'll get better bids if people can see what they're bidding on! Hint hint hint to donors!!!!

8. SDsalsaguy

Banner now posted! (Thanks DM)

9. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

On the auction donate and bid page the text wrapping is weird in IE 6. The text scrunches to the left with a big blank spot to the right.

10. SDsalsaguy

Probably based on the field where a photo would/could go, but I'll be sure to mention it to the tech "department."

11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Could be but, I'm seeing 1 word per line with the photo appearing below the description.

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

David already knows. It is because the photo should go to the right. However there are no photos then the text should take precedance. Also even with a picture the text needs more room.

13. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Is there any way we can know who donated the items (original owner) in the auction?

14. SDsalsaguy

Will look into it.

15. Twilight_Elena

Well I was kind of intimidated by the fact that no one else had posted anything and was afraid it was one of those admin threads where you're not really supposed to post. :rolleyes:
    I'm interested in several items but sure wish I could ask questions about them! Would it be entirely impractical to ask questions here or should we have some sort of questions thread?
    Yay for the banner! :D I'm guessing pictures are going to follow soon enough...

16. SDsalsaguy

Ask away TE.

17. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Seems like these 2 posts are related, and/or could be handled simulataneously, non?

18. SDsalsaguy

Being looked into as noted above. ;)

19. Twilight_Elena

Goodness gracious, there's CUSTARD in the auction. :eek: CUSTARD, people.
    Oh well. Why the heck not.

20. SDsalsaguy

Donor now showing in item listings. ;)