Dancers Anonymous > 2008 DF Silent Auction!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How about we remember to give the auction "software" the proper date settings next year?

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully for next year we have the technicians do a lot of tweaking.

3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I will be PMing everyone in about 3-4 hours so that we can connect buyers and sellers. Yes, certainly next year we will be able to make improvements to the software and make things even smoother. I don't know what has been said already, but we really appreciate everyone's help in the auction. As we have grown, expenses have also grown, and just want to thank everyone for helping to cover the expenses of operating (and also improving the site over time).

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Well, a big Thank you from us is I think also timely. I've tried living without DF and life is significantly less colourful - its not only an aamzing place to discussing our collective obsession but it goes beyond that as wonderful means for communication and creativity. For me the icing on the DF cake has been getting to meet people physically that I've already come to know well virtually. Thus, the auction is more about thank you and way less (or not really at all) about acquisition.

So, what shall I do with a $20 Birds Custard packet? I think its going to star in my next infamous Elisian Killer Trifle!!

:cheers:

5. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Check to DM will go in the mail tomorrow!

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

david..please note that all items that I donated are in Larinda's possession so when you do that you will need to refer to her for my items

7. fascination

just a reminder...to anyone who bid on my items...b/c I do not own a camera, larinda graciously agreed to take and photgraph my items so she is the person who needs your address if you bid on something from me...thanks to her...and to all of you for supporting DF

8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

:lol: so you are the winner of the custard? Hmmm I'm going to have to rack my brains as to what *special* dance related pressie to send :doh: Unless you have a preference? You'll have to let me know which kind of dancing you're into :)

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

pole dancing

polka

not

10. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

:lol: they do a pole dancing kit on amazon I think! Not sure it looks that safe, might end up destroying your house in the process of performing a fancy move :cool:

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

well I figure if pole dancing doesn't work out I can always open a fire station...

12. fascination

thanks again to all who participated in our auction...you really have made a difference in helping us to cover our expenses

13. Me

Me New Member

I was really impressed by the generous bid amounts!

14. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

I guess I lost.......... : (

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

maybe you can contact the winner and try to buy it off them :?:

16. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

But we all won!!!!

17. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well said wooh! :cheers:

18. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I would like to encourage all of the Winning Bidders to contact their Donar as soon as possible... even if you haven't paid yet... even if you are unable to pay until after the holidays.

There are several Donars who have yet to hear from the Winners... Please keep the lines of communication open so the items don't go unclaimed... and therefore DF goes unpaid. But mostly it is just about letting everyone know where we all stand with the items.

I was ready to give a few of my items away to the University that I coach, until I looked at the Master list and realized these items have Winners...

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

hi :)

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

For those who need a translation: please PM the donor (or Larinda if it was one of Fascination''s items) if you received an email as winning bidder.