Event Announcements > 2008 Harvard Beginners' Competition!

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by VM09, Aug 10, 2008.

1. VM09

VM09 New Member

The Harvard Ballroom Dance team is excited to announce:

Our 16th Annual Harvard Beginners' Competition
    Date: Saturday, October 25th 2008
    Location Malkin Athletic Center, Harvard Square.

The website will be updated with more information very soon.
    For now, I just wanted everyone to save the date. We hope to see you there!

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF VM09!

Our policy here at DF is that we only allow active, participating members the right to "advertise" on our site. And only in certain forums, the Dance Ads and Event Announcements.

I have moved this thread from Ballroom to Event Announcements. Unless you start participating on our regular boards, we reserve the right to delete this announcement.

3. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

This is pretty much the kick off event of the northeast collegiate season traditionally, though NYU is now holding an October syllabus comp as well.

4. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

UConn is allegedly Oct 18.

5. ...And who knows what Yale will do this year.

6. VM09

VM09 New Member

Yes, indeed, according to the announcement made at MIT Open, UConn is happening on the third week of October. I'm not sure when Yale is this year, but to my knowledge their comp has been later in the winter? We'll definitely have exciting fall and winter comps in the New England area this year as per usual I'm sure. Nice thing about Harvard Beginners' is that it falls around a time in the fall semester where the collegiate team newcomers have learned enough moves and are ready to have their first competition. :)

7. benm

benm Member

Yale has already announced the date of their comp; Saturday, December 8, 2008.

8. jumpingbeens

jumpingbeens New Member

Due to another conflict with the Columbia competition, the Yale Competition has in fact been moved to November 15th. Hopefully this conflict can be avoided in the future, and Yale will move back to its traditional weekend in December.

9. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

At least snow is unlikely on November 15th...

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

interesting.
    Now it might be possible to do Yale competition...

11. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

wait, this is Yale beginner's comp, so there is no open champ? So there are actually 2 Yale comps - 1) yale beginner's comp; 2) regular Yale comp with open events? which one is moved to Nov 15th?

12. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Harvard Beginners' = newbie, bronze, silver only.

13. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

thanks and123, I confused Harvard one with Yale.

14. VM09

VM09 New Member

Yep. Harvard beginner's is newcomer, bronze and silver only. that is the comp on Oct 25th. Yale is in November.
    Harvard does have two competitions, beginner's in the fall and the Invitational in the spring, so maybe that's where the confusion stemmed.

15. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Registration is now open for the Harvard Beginners' Competition. Hope to see everyone there! :)

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Back at the usual venue this year, yes?

17. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Yup :)

18. VM09

VM09 New Member

19. VM09

VM09 New Member

Announcing the 18th Annual Harvard Invitational!

Hi everyone,

For those of you who came to our Beginner's Comp this weekend, I hope you had a great time.

It is my pleasure to announce that the date for our Harvard Invitational Competition is March 14th and 15th, 2009 at the Malkin Athletic Center. More information will be posted on www harvardballroom.org in November. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to email comp @harvardballroom org

We hope to see you all there!