Event Announcements > 2008 MIT Open

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by tunape, Mar 13, 2008.

1. BM

BM New Member

Yes. That is EXACTLY what I want to know!!

After all, the later I dance, the more likely that I might be able to convince my friends to come watch me. ::grins::

2. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Competitors: Payments for MIT Open due today!

Payments for registrations for the 2008 MIT Open are due today!

Information on paying online, or where to mail your check payment is at:

http://ballroom.mit.edu/comp/fees.php

Payments need to be postmarked today, or posted via the online interface by 11:59PM or late feels will be assessed. Don't wait until it's too late!

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Ooooh. Can I have a late feel? Or an early grope? :p

4. White Chacha

Oh sure, now I can't fix my post without making you look silly... ;-)

5. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

how much will the fees be?? because its kinda hard to get everything done in time for nationals

6. White Chacha

$10. We had hoped we did our due diligence by posting the payment
    date as well as the late fee back when registration was opened...
    It's all on the fees web page.

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

8. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

man wish I had the time today.. grrrrr crazy work...

9. White Chacha

Reminder: Registration closes Friday 4/11

Just a reminder that late registration for the 2008 MIT Open closes this Friday at midnight.
    Don't miss the deadline!

http://ballroom.mit.edu/comp/ for all the details. Info on non-competitor show tickets is there as well.

10. Lorelei

Lorelei Member

Could anyone recommend a good practice space (for Standard) for Friday night April 18 close to the MIT venue? Thank you!

L

11. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

If you have a car you could go to Avanti Ballroom in Newton. It's Larinda's studio. If you don't have a car you could try Extreme Dancesport in Cambridge. It's been so long since Ive been to Extreme that I can't recall if their floor is big enough for Standard or if they have poles. Using the obvious URLs gets you to their websites.

Supershag is open that night and is certainly big enough but has a weekly party so you'd be dodging social dancers since it isn't set up for practice that night.

Oh, if you have a YMCA membership you could probably call the local Y in Central Square and see if there is space available.

12. Lorelei

Lorelei Member

Thanks a lot, Merrylegs! Yes, we have a car, so should be pretty flexible.

13. White Chacha

Reminder: Late registration for the 2008 MIT Open closes TOMORROW night. That's Friday 4/11.

14. White Chacha

At this point, online registration for the MIT Open is closed. If you need to have any changes (drops) done, please use the registrar link at the registration site so sent us email. Any new registrations at this point will need to be done on site. We have tech check-ins at the venue on Friday 4/18 from 7-9 PM. That's a good time to register as well.

The usual caveats apply to late registrations: there is a late fee and we reserve the right to refuse a registration if it requires us to run extra heats.

This thing is huge and we're psyched!

15. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

omg, haven't seen that expression in a while :cool:
    I'll echo BM's sentiments about desiring a breakdown of heat times. Last check they weren't posted yet. Not being impatient, just pointing it out :p

16. BM

BM New Member

I say "psyched" . . . and "nifty," as CTBallroom snickers. :p

Thanks for posting about that, and123 - I was about to quote myself to bump it. ::grins:: My team is still planning on holding practise that day, but obviously if Gold Latin is starting too early in the day, we're going to have to pass on that one . . .

17. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

I'll see your "pysched" and raise you a "wicked good time"

18. BM

BM New Member

I have refrained from incorporating the word "wicked" into my slang-cabulary! Hints of ebonics, on the other hand . . . ::cringes::

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

word! :rocker:

20. BM

BM New Member

Fo sho. 8)