Event Announcements > 2009 Harvard Invitational - Registration

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by VM09, Jan 9, 2009.

1. VM09

VM09 New Member

The 18th Annual Harvard Invitational will be on the weekend of March 14-15 2009 at the Malkin Athletic Center in Harvard Square.

Registration is now open! Make sure to register by February 1st in order to get a discount. This year, formation team registration will again be free.

We hope to see you all at Harvard this March!

2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Shame that it conflicts with the Holy Cross comp on Saturday :(.... though for me I think I may be able to do both since I am focusing mostly on Standard/Smooth, which is on Sunday at Harvard.

Any way to get more/better communication between collegiate teams to avoid this sort of thing? Didn't Yale also run into this problem?

3. jumpingbeens

jumpingbeens New Member

Yes, we have, for the past two years. It's really quite a shame as such conflicts benefit nobody.

Perhaps this is a topic best discussed in a new thread, but I would be interested to hear suggestions of how to deal with such conflicts and whether having an effective governing body for collegiate competitions would be beneficial.

4. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Harvard and Holy Cross are within 30 miles of each other, Yale at least has a different clientele although there is some redundancy of course. This is unfortunate.

5. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Does the YCN (Youth College Network) no longer exist?

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

IME since they claim their existence predates YCN, certain Boston colleges think they're above all that YCN stuff...

7. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

isn't is conflict with BYU national too?

8. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

It seems to conflict with BYU every year

9. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

such a shame, byu gonna to draw a lot of couples

10. BM

BM New Member

Any news on a performing couple?

11. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

The Harvard Ballroom team would like to officially announce their performance couple. We are thrilled to be welcoming the current reigning World & US Professional Ten Dance Champions and US Professional Showdance Champions Gherman Mustuc and Iveta Lukosiute. We are very excited to have them perform for all of our guest and competitors at the Hanlon-Ford Ball on Saturday, March 14th. We hope you all will join us!

12. Katarzyna

Hm guests and COMPETITORS?

13. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

?? was there something wrong with what I said there? I realize I forgot the s on guest, but not sure what else could be wrong with that?

14. Katarzyna

Neverming, thought that was referring to Gherman and Iveta ... sorry... thought they would be tough competitors to beat... lol

sorry just tired today

15. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

lol...no problem :) Just couldn't figure out what you meant! They would definitely be tough competitors to beat!