Event Announcements > 2009 Manhattan Amateur Classic (MAC)

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Daphna, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

It's that time again; time to register for the Manhattan Amateur Classic, otherwise known as the MAC. Please go to our website: www nyusadance.org and then click on the MAC link for entry forms, schedule and all sorts of other interesting information. The event will start Friday afternoon, Jan. 16 and end with the Junior MAC, Sunday evening around 7:00 PM. The MAC is a National Qualifying Event of Nationals, so it’s a great place to kill three birds with one stone -- qualifying for Nationals, having a mini vacation in NY and last but not least, dancing in a great event against some of the best dancers out there.

The competition will take place over the Martin Luther King (1/16-18/09) weekend at the Grand Ballroom in the Manhattan Center. The Manhattan Center is located on 34th. St. & 8th. Ave, is right across the street from Amtrak’s Penn Central Station and close to all public transportation. We have a great room rate of $145/night at the New Yorker Hotel which is right around the corner from the venue. The venue is located across the street from Macy’s and is very convenient to all the various sights in NY. It’s a great time to come to New York, enjoy the shops and shows and also compete in one of the biggest all amateur USA Dance events in America.

2. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Don't forget, registration closes just a week from today!! Make sure to get registered before the prices go up!!

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I hope the pre-evening session elevator situation will be improved over last year...

5. Michy<3

Michy<3 New Member

is there a website where photographers posted silver and gold photos?

6. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Perhaps I'm just not seeing something right in front of my nose, but is there anywhere on the website where one can see a list of the dances offered singly or in combination at each level (for 2010), short of beginning a dummy registration to get to the event selections form?

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

What about "current entries"? At least some events are listed there.

8. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Only very few. Entries from last year are about the best I could come up with at the moment, assuming no changes to the offerings.