Event Announcements > 2009 USA Dance Southwest NQE

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Information etc. is now online at http://www.usabda-norcal.org/southwest

I don't have online payments set up yet, but you can still sign up for events and order tickets. I'll get the payment system set up shortly.

Feel free to contact me with any questions!

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Just a reminder...sign ups are open. The system won't take your credit card payment yet, but you can still get registered for events.

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Hi everyone!

A couple of things...

1) The usabda-norcal.org and lagassa.com email systems are currently broken, so if you or anyone has been trying to contact me with questions, please either use private messages here or use my alternate email address laura@hyperreal.org

2) The deadline for entries is now January 17th, so you've got a whole extra week to sign up

3) I have been in Australia since before Christmas, so I haven't put any paper entries into the system yet

4) We're still working on getting the credit card payment stuff set up. Don't worry, as long as you've registered before the deadline, I won't charge you the late fee due to the issues we're having in getting the credit cart stuff set up -- it will be working before the comp, and I will be getting after people to submit payment once it's all working

If you have any questions or if there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask!

Laura

4. Laura

Laura New Member

Good news!

1) The competition email address works again.

2) The web site will now take credit card payments.

So, if you've signed up, please log in and pay. And if you haven't signed up, well now is your chance :)

http://www.usabda-norcal.org/southwest

5. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

I have a question that isn't clear from the website. It says in syllabus events, all Adult through Senior levels will be combined. Is that just for scheduling the heats, or will they be judged together? (Sorry if I should know this; I've never been to a USA Dance comp before.)

6. Laura

Laura New Member

It's all judged together. Think of it like this: we aren't offering any Senior syllabus events, it's all just Adult. Some USA Dance comps offer separate Senior, or Senior I and Senior II, events. We're not this time around.

7. Laura

Laura New Member

In order to comply with the new IDSF order of Latin dances, USA Dance has decreed that starting right now, Samba will be first in the competitive order. We will be using this new order at the Southwest DanceSport Championships so as to give people a chance to "try it out" before having to do it at Nationals in Baltimore in April.

So...

Bronze Latin == Cha Cha, Rumba
    Silver Latin == Samba, Cha Cha, Rumba
    Gold Latin == Samba, Cha Cha, Rumba, Jive
    Novice Latin == Samba, Cha Cha, Rumba
    Pre-Championship Latin == Samba, Cha Cha, Rumba, Jive
    Championship Latin == Samba, Cha Cha, Rumba, Paso Doble, Jive

This is for all age groups.

8. Laura

Laura New Member

If you're planning on dancing at the Southwest DanceSport Championships and have not sent in your entry form or entered on line yet, please contact me via FB or regular email as soon as possible! I'm going to start setting up the heats and rounds tomorrow (Monday), and if you get to me before I'm done then I can get you into the comp without having to charge you the $35 late fee.

The 2009 USA Dance Southwest DanceSport Championships are our Region's Qualifier for the 2009 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships. Nationals will be in Baltimore in April.

Drop me a line...see you at the comp and happy dancing!

9. Who's going next weekend ...? :)

10. Laura

Laura New Member

All the entry list and scheduled heat times are on the web site now. Go to it via www.usadance-norcal.org/southwest

(Yes, that's right, I FINALLY have the usadance-norcal.org domain working!!! After how many years????)

11. Thanks ... how nice to have an approximate schedule/heat times already so we can plan for the comp.

12. Laura

Laura New Member

Please note that NorCal has a reputation for running early, to the point of the maximum 30 minutes allowed by the rulebook. There have been a few times that competitors have wandered in about 30 minutes before their events, in their street clothes, just as we were calling their heat to the floor. Don't let this happen to any of you -- get there in plenty of time to get checked in, pay any balance due, renew your USA Dance membership if necessary, get dressed, get warmed up, etc.

We will not start the first event of the morning session before 11am, and we will not start the first event of the evening session before 6pm, but after that we could shift in time a bit.

See you all there!!!

13. Laura

Laura New Member

14. reb

reb Active Member

Congratulations!

Senior I Champ Standard looks strong.

15. Laura

Laura New Member

Senior I Champ Standard was a great event to see, reb.

16. guille_bdancer

guille_bdancer New Member

I just want to say that Laura and the rest of the team of the Nor Cal chapter did a great job. It was my first time going up there and I enjoyed the experience. Thank you all.

17. Laura

Laura New Member

It was really nice to see you up here dancing! Thanks for coming to our event!

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The two times I've been to NorCal comps, I've enjoyed them.