Dancers Anonymous > 2010 DF Silent Auction!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the 2010 DF Silent Auction!!!

As many of you know DF hosts an auction at the end of each calendar year to help offset some of the many costs of our continued growth and activity. Our continuing expansion, upgrades, and improvement are certainly a result of our members’ ongoing participation and contributions, and we are proud of DF’s ever greater site traffic. Once price of our ongoing success, however, are ongoing expenses for hosting, as well as the need to pay for outside programming help as needed from time to time. As such, occasional fund raisers (such as our annual auction) represent an opportunity for members and supporters to contribute to paying for our monthly hosting charges, software upgrades, and programming assistance.

Those who were here for the 2008 or 2009 DF Silent Auction know that we have our very own automated auction system! You can start donating items now, including uploading pictures, and we will be accepting item donations through December 5th. You can start making bids on November 15th, with bids being accepted through December 15th.

PLEASE NOTE: donated items do not have to be dance related!!! All that matters is that it is something you are willing to donate to help support DF, be it dance shoes, an old lamp, a batch of cookies, an hour of your time, or whatever else you're willing to contribute! Again, any and all auction "item" donations can be made through Dec. 5, with bids to be placed Nov. 15-Dec. 15.

Donations and bids can be placed here: Dance-Forums Auction

Also please note that "Price" = minimum bid, NOT the actual value!!! (In other words, if you put the actual value, it may not get any bids!)

2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Count me in for some cookies. Not sure what or how many yet though. I'm kind of hoping for some of peaches' rye bread

3. SDsalsaguy

Thanks etp! :cheers:

4. v22TTC

v22TTC New Member

SDsalsaguy: I don't get on well with this kind of thing, but am happy to contribute simply - is there any way that I can just send you a PayPal donation or something?

5. SDsalsaguy

Hi v22TTC, yes, that will certainly be possible. When the bidding and payments for the auction go live, we will be sure to make a "donate" option available as well. Thanks in advance! :cheers:

6. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I have the following items (mods, feel free to price them how you see fit).

1. Ladies fashion wallet (never used, still in the box with tags). Gold, manmade leathery material.
    2. Jewelry organizer, black leather, with zipper. Different compartments inside.
    3. 3 different stone necklaces (orange jade, mixed and orange goldstone - the latter one needs a new clasp). I'd put them as a mixed lot together, but feel free to separate.

NVM, I should read the whole thing. I'll add them through the auction.

7. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'll be putting some goodies on soon. :)

8. SDsalsaguy

Great flashdance, thanks!

9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

LOL. I can't get it to turn out right.

10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

You've still got time to perfect it. ;)

11. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Added mine for this year, please bid generously! I hope to see many bids on the perfume! :D

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks for the direct donation option, SD. Coming up with something to auction and ship? Not so much. PayPal donation? Nice and easy. :cool:

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I will likely be donating the motherload right after I try to sell a bunch of dance stuff next weekend so stay tuned ya'll

14. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm....many sparklies, perhaps? :)

15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

quite possible :)

16. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Very cool, time to search out some great bid items or possibly a free skiing day with a trained instructor (me) at Bear Mtn........hmmmmm...possibilities are endless.

17. urish

urish New Member

Well I have donated a licensed copy of my software, the Salsa Rhythm Software... Maybe I will donate more later :)

18. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Lessons

2 private lessons in Standard or Salsa.. opening at £ 20 for UK people

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Now that's an auction I might just bid on :D

20. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I realize OSB's imminent, and people have other things to think about, but is it ordinary for people to postpone donating so late, or is it just this year? I am thinking cookies again, but since etp's got that covered, I actually would prefer to offer custom baking for DFers in the NY metro area. I make awesome cheesecake, but it doesn't ship well. Killer chocolate cake, either layer or flourless. Luscious lemon cake, seriously lemony. Carrot cake with Super Sekrit Ingredients that makes it to die for. Is it too absurd to restrict bids to the NY area (where I can deliver?)