2013 DF Silent Auction!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the 2013 DF Silent Auction!!!

As many of you know DF hosts an auction at the end of each calendar year to help offset some of the many costs of our continued growth and activity. Our continuing expansion, upgrades, and improvement are certainly a result of our members’ ongoing participation and contributions, and we are proud of DF’s long standing site traffic and participation. Prices of our ongoing success, however, include the ongoing expenses for hosting, as well as the need to pay for outside programming help as needed from time to time. As such, occasional fund raisers (such as our annual auction) represent an opportunity for members and supporters to contribute to paying for our monthly hosting charges, software upgrades, and programming assistance.

Those who were here for the 2008-2012 DF Silent Auctions know that we have our very own automated auction system! You can start donating items now, including uploading pictures, and we will be accepting item donations through November 30th. You can then make bids November 20th through December 15th.

PLEASE NOTE: donated items do not have to be dance related!!! All that matters is that it is something you are willing to donate to help support DF, be it dance shoes, an old lamp, a batch of cookies, an hour of your time, or whatever else you're willing to contribute! Again, any and all auction "item" donations can be made through Nov. 30, with bids to be placed Nov. 20 - Dec. 15.

Donations and bids can be placed here: Dance-Forums Auction

Also please note that "Price" = minimum bid, NOT the actual value!!! (In other words, if you put the actual value, it may not get any bids!)

UPDATE: due to the "blank screen" bug (which is now fixed) we are extending the period for item donations through this coming Monday, Dec. 2nd, 2013. Remember, donations can be of any type! Please help support DF!
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. SDsalsaguy

Hi all! The banner link is finally pointing to this thread, so please read over the post above and start thinking about any donations you may be able to make to this year's DF auction! :)
  3. SDsalsaguy

10 items already donated! :dancingbanana:
    3wishes and Purr like this.
  4. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Gosh. Somebody apparently had a lot of problems finding The Perfect Shoe.
  5. SDsalsaguy

Deities willing, others had an equally difficult time finding The Perfect Cookie Recipe! ;)
    Lioness and Purr like this.
  6. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Alas they decided not to donate. :( Oh well! cookies! cookies! cookies!
  7. hereKittyKitty

I just added several video selections from Dance Vision. This is a great opportunity to get an amazing deal on instructional Dvd's!
    dancelvr likes this.
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I've already spotted something I want. ;)
  9. hereKittyKitty

Excellent!
  10. SDsalsaguy

Looks like donations are starting to accumulate... go team DF! :)
  11. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Where are all the whoopie pies, those little lime thingys (multiple sources if I remember correctly from last year), to die for brownies, etc.? I'm seeing things to improve my dancing, but where are the things that will cause me anxiety about being able to fit in my dress by my next comp? There is a shocking lack of sugar as of yet...
    Purr and 3wishes like this.
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

still many days before donating ends......
  13. SDsalsaguy

Was just thinking the same thing this morning myself...
  14. SDsalsaguy

...then realized/remembered this:
    Wannabee likes this.
  15. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

just added my item, DF auction system is surprisingly easy to use, much easier than uploading photos to other sites like ebay. I don't even need to crop or resize (usually sizing down) my photos, just upload, fast and easy! Great system!
    Purr, fascination and SDsalsaguy like this.
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

My goal is to post items after Veteran's Day.
    SDsalsaguy likes this.
  17. SDsalsaguy

Thanks to all of those who have donated so far, we're onto our second page of items!

Remember:
    1. donations support our ongoing expenses for hosting charges, software upgrades, and programming assistance.
    2. donated items do not have to be dance related!!! All that matters is that it is something you are willing to donate to help support DF!
    3. Auction "item" donations can only be made for the rest of this month (i.e. through Nov. 30).
    4. When making a donation, "Price" = minimum bid, NOT the actual value!!!
    5. Donations can be placed here: Dance-Forums Auction ("Add Item" under Actions, on the right side).
    Thanks everyone!!!
  18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I posted 3 groupings of items today. However, I was unsuccessful in posting photos, and it makes me a little sad because photos would really help. :( I have no idea what the problem is - the computer just timed out and wouldn't upload the photos. If anyone has any sugestions, or if any of admins want to try to upload them, please let me know.
  19. SDsalsaguy

Thanks for the donations Purr! Please PM hkk regarding your P3 (picture posting problem), and hopefully she can help you get it sorted out in short order.

Thanks again (and everyone who has donated so far)! :)
  20. hereKittyKitty

Hi Purr,

Can you pm them to me and I will try to upload for you?