2016 MAC

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Daphna, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. I hope that you are eating your fill, enjoying your friends and family and that will be able to dance after it’s all over. If you haven't already registered, it’s now time to register for the 2016 MAC. We will be at a new location, the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. It’s a beautiful hotel, lovely rooms, and the most amazing view of the city. So while we are not in Manhattan, the view of Manhattan makes this still the Manhattan Amateur Classic. This is our 26th annual year, we will be starting at 8 AM on Friday Jan. 15, 2016 and going until midnight on Saturday Jan. 16, 2016. Sunday, Jan. 17, 2016 is the Junior MAC where almost 500 kid’s ages 5-18 will compete all day, starting at 8 AM and going until 9 or 10 PM.

This year we will be a true international competition, with couples coming from Australia, Denmark, and Canada plus of course from all round the United States.

Plus for the first time, we will be showcasing Same-Sex couples at the MAC. There will syllabus events and open events for Same-Sex couples. These events will be judged seperately from mixed-sex couples but may be on the floor at the same time.

The hotel is located one stop on the PATH train from the World Trade Center station and then is just a feather and three step from the station to the hotel. The ride is about 10min and once you are in the city, its a very short walk to the World Trade Center, Chinatown, Little Italy and a very short subway ride to Times Square and the theater district, and since its the Martin Luther King's weekend and most of us have Monday off, what a great way to spend a three-day weekend. Competing, cheering friends on to greatness and success and then exploring one of the greatest cities in the world. (Me biased toward NYC, nah, not me.)

Don't miss the 26th annual MAC, go to macnyusadance.org to register. See you all in 2016.

Sania, MaggieMoves, stash and 3 others like this.
  2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

3. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

4. Groovology

Groovology New Member

I haven't been to this one in a few years, but my partner and I are planning to make it out this time around!

middy likes this.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Make sure to bring some of this with you, you will be able to come to the head of the line :)

6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Just heard that Boyko will be at the MAC, so everyone who hates to do their own hair and make-up, no problem someone will be on hand to help you. Plus for the first time, we will be offering a professional video option. Ryan Kenner will be there with a couple of cameras. Private videoing will still be allowed so if you have friends and family who want to video you, that will not be a problem.

Also, I went on a field trip yesterday and rode the PATH to the hotel, its a very easy ride from 34th St or from the World Trade Center, elevators in all stops so you don't have to carry your baggage up many flights of stairs and it only costs $2.75 to ride the PATH, same as the subways and you can use your Metro card. The PATH runs every 1/2 hour all night so there should be no problem getting back into the city if you are not staying at the hotel.

I'll keep updating with any new information as it comes in. See you all in Jan.

Sania and Bailamosdance like this.
  7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Wish I was able to go this year, sounds like y'all have an awesome venue! Definitely on the radar for myself and my partner next year though.

8. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like an ad, I went to high school in the area of the venue and can attest that it'll be awesome. Tons of food options in the area (lack of which has plagued MAC venues in the past), super accessible from both the Jersey and the NYC side, beautiful waterfront right near the hotel to decompress from the comp stress. Can't wait to see everyone there!

middy and Bailamosdance like this.
  9. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Well-Known Member

We were hoping to go but since we are in the process of getting a pile of new routines, nothing will be danceable by then *sniff*. Count us in for 2017 LOL.

10. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

That doesn't look home made. :(

Sania, Dr Dance and Mr 4 styles like this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

It's the blue box......please

12. Partner Dancer

Partner Dancer Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

MaggieMoves likes this.
  13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Don't care if its the blue box or home made, by the end of the day we at the registration desk just want comfort food.

stash likes this.
  14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Pizzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaa

stash likes this.
  15. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

The location is 100x better than last year. People who want to stay in Manhattan, can... and it's a 3-7 minute trip into Manhattan from those that stay in the hotel outside of the front door.

16. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Quick reminder to register for the MAC, the deadline is only 3 weeks away. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them either here or to PM me. See you all soon.

17. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

This is a good week to register and order your VIP or Front Row seats for the MAC. Its also a good day to reserve your hotel room since the deadline for reserving your room in Dec. 31, and by coincidence that's the same deadline as the MAC. If you do it today, you miss the rush and the worry of paying late fees. Remember, we usually get somewhere between 1000 & 1200 competitors and everyone is waiting for someone else to register first, so if you do it now everyone else will also register.

The front row and VIP tickets give you the best seat in the house and if you get VIP tickets you have a reserved seat for all sessions, wine and chocolates and bonbons during the evening session with table service. See you all in Jan.