Event Announcements > 6th Annual Orange Blossom Ball - April 11th 2009

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by reb, Feb 28, 2009.

1. reb

reb Active Member

Hello Dancers/Spectators!

Mark your calendar! Our 6th Annual Orange Blossom Ball Ballroom and Latin dance competition is on Saturday, April 11, 2009. This event is held at the Student Recreation Center at the University of California Riverside. For early entry registration, the deadline is March 23, 2009. Make sure you postmarked your entry by this due date if you want to save some money in this difficult economy.

Every year our attendance keeps increasing due to your continuous support of this fabulous event (23 colleges and studios represented in 2008. Each year we try to rotate our showcase performers among the four styles of dancing: Standard, Smooth, Latin and Rhythm. This year Borbala Bunnett & Paul Cloud will be our spectacular performers for the American Smooth Showcase. They were finalists in the Open Professional and Rising Star events at the recent 2009 California Open professional dance competition. This year we have switched the showcase performance to an earlier schedule. It will be after the Freestyle Open Dances category. Please make a note of that so you don’t miss their exciting show. Come and enjoy their performance and the camaraderie of the competition!

Attached is the information package for this event and you can also download the info from our website. www.orangeblossomball.com. Don’t forget the Early Registration DEADLINE is March 23, 2009.

If you have any question about this event, you can either call me at (951) 827-4645 or email me at fook.tham@ucr.edu .

Hope to see you on the dance floor!

Happy Dancing!
    Fook Tham

2. reb

reb Active Member

It probably won't surprise anyone that I will be at the show - which is scheduled for 7:15 tonight between the Freestyle Open dances and the Multi-Dance events.

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

You will???? I would've never guessed!!!

:lol:

4. reb

reb Active Member

I enjoyed this comp again.

The atmosphere was great - that special quality of college comps.

Special Thanks to organizers Fook and Virginia Tham who handed over the mic to a DF moderator to announce Dance Forums!! We'll have to work on the delivery and the message, but maybe, just maybe, we'll eventually get the West Coast school participation on Dance Forums to challenge the tremendous East Coast school participation on Dance Forums . . . .

5. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

:rocker:

6. CardinalDancer

CardinalDancer New Member

I can't see that emoticon without thinking of Igor & Ioulia's Nirvana showdance...

7. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

LOL! That's one of my favorite showdances. Very inspiring. Some day, I'd like to choreograph something to a Seether song. :)

8. SQ_F05

SQ_F05 New Member

I really like this comp and its setup. It has a nice large practice floor in addition to the competition floor and the atmosphere is really friendly. This year's show featured Paul and Borbala, lovely lovely Smooth dancers. :)

I suppose I should mention that I'm a UCR alumnus :rolleyes:

9. Silvane

Silvane New Member

Hmm, I knew someone mentioned DF...

My partner and I drove down from Sacramento to compete here. Great comp, and Paul and Borbala were amazing.