Event Announcements > 8th Annual Holy Cross Ballroom Dance Competition

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by JohnLL, Dec 6, 2006.

1. JohnLL

JohnLL New Member

Hello all,

Just wanted to post the date for the Holy Cross comp this year in case you haven't already heard about it.

Date: Saturday, March 24, 2007
    Venue: Hogan Center Ballroom
    College of the Holy Cross
    1 College Street
    Worcester, MA

I'll post updates as we get them but feel free to post questions here as they come up.

Tentative judging panel will include:
    Kathy St. Jean - Deats (confirmed)
    Randy Deats (confirmed)
    Bill Morganti (confirmed)
    Patricia Connolly (confirmed)
    Karen Pfrommer (unconfirmed)
    Boris Brevde (unconfirmed)

2. JohnLL

JohnLL New Member

Hey all, registration is up on www.ballroomregistrar.com for the Holy Cross comp. Still working out a few kinks but its there. The team website is also being updated on a continuous/ongoing basis so check that out for updates. www.hcballroom.com. Any questions or concerns please feel free to email the organizers or post here and I'll try to get an answer for you.

John

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

The link isn't on the actual BallroomRegistrar page yet, but the URL is active (direct link from the HC page works). Any thoughts on the schedule, or is it too soon to speculate? Personally I like it when events are rotated around a bit each year to make things fair for everyone. Having to dance Latin at 8 am vs. 6 pm, for instance, can make a huge difference for some people.

4. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Yeah, I haven't moved HolyCross07 to the main page of BallroomRegistrar yet as its still in the "let the organizers look over the site for errors" mode, as are about three other spring competitions, with two more opening tonight.

5. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

and doesn't just about everyone squeeze in their registrations in the last few days anyway? ;)

6. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Yup.... but I still think more schools should have Early, Regular, and Late deadlines.... Money is the best motivator for getting registrations in early, and for schools that are trying to grow their event, getting numbers up early is critical.

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I would definitely go for that. Entry fees come out of my own pocket, so it's not like I have to wait for administrative paperwork and checks from a team budget. It'd be nice to have online payments since I rarely write checks, but I know services like PayPal kill the recipient with fees.

8. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Yeah BallroomRegistrar supports PayPal payments if the hosting team provides me with a destination payment address, but very few teams do -- either because their school forbids it or other reasons. Plus most team's can't pay by it anways so it "only" helps the adult/non-affiliated competitors, which often isn't enough of a segment of the market to both with the hassles of getting money out of PayPal....

9. JohnLL

JohnLL New Member

We are looking at changing the order of events this year but that is not finalized yet so the official word is "no comment". :)
    I'll post the order as soon as its decided.

10. JohnLL

JohnLL New Member

Just another update for all of you regarding our comp...
    The schedule of events for the day is arranged tentatively as follows. The schedule itself has not been entirely hammered out but this is the order of events (which is different from prior years). We also expect to run all of our "usual" fun dances. :)

7:30 AM - Doors Open
    Session 1: International Latin
    Costume Break
    Session 2: International Standard
    Lunch Break & Costume Changes
    Session 3: American Smooth
    Costume Break
    Session 4: American Rhythm
    Goodnight!

11. JohnLL

JohnLL New Member

Just bumping this back to the top for people to take a look at. Any questions or feedback please let me know. :)
    Confirmed judges are as follows:
    Bill Morganti
    Kathy St. Jean
    Randy Deats
    Boris Brevde
    Patricia Connolly