Dance Ads > a dress yet again

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

No experience with fabrics, unless I'm told what it is, I don't know? but it's not satin

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

No. You can tell by the way it drapes. Satin doesn't do that. :cool:

It's one of the other rich, dressy fabrics. (What does Joann call them? Special occasion fabrics? Something like that.) I just wonder which. :cool:

3. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Katarzyna,

Why does the dress make you look as if you did not have any waist? Do you think it will look better on a lady with smaller hip than yours? I have a little big butt for the size of my waist. (My SO calls me little big butt because of that reason.) I wonder if I will have the same problem if I get your dress. Also do you think the lengh of the skirt can be shortened without much problem?
    Thank you.

4. Katarzyna

I think it is best for someone that has smaller difference in hip/waist proportions or who is just thinner. I think it's because where the open back starts, but I am really not sure. It just isn't flattering for my body... If you want to try it on to see, let me know :) I think shortening should not be a problem.

5. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

Bring it to BYU. I love the color although I seriously should not even look until I sell a dress or two.

6. Katarzyna

:) I will bring it with me :)

7. Katarzyna

Will have it at Tri State tomorrow and during the regionals on Friday if anyone is interested in trying it on

8. pygmalion

Good luck Kat. :)

9. Katarzyna

10. Katarzyna

So here is a photo from Tri Sate, just to give an idea how it looked on...

a challenge, can someone figure out what can possibly be happening in this photo?
    [​IMG]
    Also, I'll have it at regionals as well, 2 people are trying it on there.

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Your top half is going one way and your bottom half is going the other way. Very impressive.

12. Katarzyna

Mentally going through all my routines, and trying to figure out how I got in this position... hmmm

13. pygmalion

LOL!!!

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

That is really bizarre..it looks like your leg should be in acute pain there.

You look beautiful in the dress. You have to be the world record holder of shortest ownership of a gown :)

15. Katarzyna

it looks fine from this angle, just not flattering my body if you see it directly from the back...

16. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Would you just be good and accept a compliment??!!

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Tango, maybe, like the beginning of a very sharp snap going into promenade?

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep ...all I can think of is one seriously large link

19. Katarzyna

I'm pretty sure it's tango... We have some kicks that could possibly do this, but not quite like this

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

The back of the dress looks gorgeous, but do you have any pictures of the front of the dress (if you still have the dress that is)?