Tango Argentino > A good sylabus for close embrace Tango learning

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Mario7, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

what a coincidence... a friend and I were just discussing making a tango field trip to Boston! Not sure when we could go though...

2. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

OK, but dance with me first.

(I don't want to have to follow bafonso. He's actually good at this this tango thing).

3. Zoopsia59

Considering that I wouldn't know balfonso by sight, I think its a pretty safe bet I'll dance with you first. Who knows, once B sees me he might not even ask me! But you will, cause I'll hurt you if you don't! ;)

4. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Ha Ha. Just remember though, if my glasses aren't on, I can't make out faces from very far away (and I don't mind being asked to dance either).
    :friend:

BTW, if you want a scouting report on my dance, talk to a certain well traveled DJ, who I think is out in your neck of the woods. She's made it out this way a few times, and we've had some very nice tandas (well, at least they were for me).

5. Zoopsia59

Forget the face.. look for the hair

My woods (or my 'hood) is a bit farther out than the aformentioned DJ, but maybe I'll get a full report from her.. ;)

6. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

:kissme:

7. Dance-expert

Dance-expert New Member

Unfortunately, it takes years to become an qualified instructor, even a certified one. Class instruction doesn't make a instructor at all. The best way to become an instructor is to take a long series of private lessons. It will cover footwork, body positions, balance, embrace in turns, the walk, timing and secret techniques which class teachers don't have the time to give.

Remember the dance profession's old axiom "Amateurs teach amateurs to be amateurs."

8. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

Yes, yes and yes!