Swing Discussion Boards > A Nice Swing Pattern I Learned Two Years Ago.

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Spitfire, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Here's a move I learned in a swing class two years ago. I'll try to describe it as best I can.

Don't know the name of it, but the leader turns the follower halfway towards his right with the left hand. At the point where the follow is pretty much standing parallel with the leader the leader takes her upper left arm with his right hand and let's go of her right hand with his left; both will be in a position similar to an open break. He'll then reconnect his left hand with her right on the next count and proceed with a double turn or alternately just a single turn.

Just wondered if anyone else is familiar with this move and/or a variation of it. I have not used it in awhile though.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You're not talking about a hammerlock, are you? No, you can't be because the guy doesn't let go of the lady's arm on that one. Hmm. I don't know. Does this move ound familiar to anyone?

3. Spitfire

My reason for asking if anyone else is familiar with this move is that it is one of the more unusual ones I've ever seen. :wink:

I'm not sure what a hammer lock is, but don't think this is it. The part that is tricky is reconnecting after the "break" that I describe.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'll keep looking around for this one, spitfire. I have a couple ECS variation tapes. Maybe it's on one of those.

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Spitfire,
    I tried this at least ten times last night. Are you leaving anything out?

I can come up with variations on it, but it doesn't come out doing like you say it does!

6. Spitfire

Vince, I'll try and break it down.

On the first triple you turn the follow to the inside with your left hand which of course is holding her right. On the second triple take the follow's upper left arm at the bicep with your right hand and as you complete the triple release her right hand (this part distinquishes it from any other move I know). On the 1-2 or rock back you will both be in like an open break position.

When you do the next triple, that's when you take her right hand with your left and do a turn on the next triple. This is the tricky part since you have a bit of a reach here.

Hope this helps. :)

Your avatar reminds me of WWII bomber nose art.

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks . . . I'll give it a shot!

8. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Funny, it reminds me of the Simpsons