Dancers Anonymous > Advantages of spending Valentine's on one's own

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Jan 25, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Fried bologna and cabernet sounds good, too. And I'll understand -- if you get a better offer, take it! :wink:

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

and if I get a better offer that I cant take, I'll send him your way:D

3. fascination

who is wise in matters of love and passion

4. pygmalion

Sounds good.

Truth be told, I think I'm just ready for a new romantic entanglement. I've never had problems meeting men or finding romance. I've just decided, over the past year or so, to shelve the idea while I got my act together. Maybe it's time to reconsider that decision. Probably won't be in time for Valentine's day or even my birthday. But soon. :cool:

5. fascination

funny...I know someone who is operating on your timetable as well for the same reasons...and no I am not trying to set you up...but we must chat sometime on it

6. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

There's definetely no advantages of spending Valentines on one's own.

Who invented that day, anyway?

7. pygmalion

A sadist who was happily paired up, I'm thinking. :rolleyes: :lol:

8. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Yes.. someone who reminds us of what we try to forget.

9. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I'll go with that... :rolleyes:

Ah well, I'm going out with a guy tonight... very nice guy, and I've known him for a while, but.... (there's always a 'but', isn't there?) ... he's gay.

I'll enjoy the night out in his company, anyway.

Rosa :)

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

huh?!

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

A day is what you make of it. No matter what anyone else labels it what matters is what you do with it. ;-)

12. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

<rant>I still dislike Valentine's Day. It's like someone forcing you to do something. Like, I like someone and I have to tell him something because it's Valentine's. Ugh.
    </end rant>

Twilight Elena

13. pygmalion

I love Valentines Day because it's an opportunity to tell my loved ones how much I care.

Same thing. Different perspectives. :wink: :)

14. chandra

chandra New Member

Valentines = Singles Awareness Day... And PDA day in Highschool Hallways...

Advantages? Well, I work that night (umm... every night) so, being single on Vday means I dont have to frantically try to find someone to cover for me :)

Ill just have to flirt with everyone who comes into the cafe... That is of course, if anyone around my age comes into the cafe...:rolleyes:

15. fascination

there ya go...keep the flirting to the cafe:cool:

16. fascination

must you always be so deeply spiritual darling?

17. chandra

chandra New Member

hummm...
    But I LIKE flirting fascination! :)

(speaking of which I had a record in cali for swingdiego... It was an event that had a higher youth age range than Im used to, so it was fun, but anyway, that weekend 2 random guys asked for my phone number (i didnt give it), and about 30 hit on me... there were some priceless quotes... But yah... that was funny, and a personal record... Im going "I could like california")

18. fascination

yeah I think I would like cali as well...btw...left you a clarification in the df award thread

19. chandra

chandra New Member

This is true, but it is a little more difficult to make something good of a day when everyone around you is reminding you that you should be miserable if your single... Its just the group psycology of the day making things sad...

But that having been said, I dont really mind valentines day, its fun, to see everyone pairing up... Some couples I never would have guessed... Highschool is such a funny soap opera!

20. fascination

it aint just high school babe:rolleyes: