Dancers Anonymous > Advantages of spending Valentine's on one's own

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Jan 25, 2005.

1. chandra

chandra New Member

lol, I cant wait...

_^

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

?????huh?

3. chandra

chandra New Member

You replied it was the same drama out of highschool too, so I was saying that sarcastically, I was really excited!

If only emotions and inflections transferred online, we wouldnt be having this malcommunication problem ;)

:!

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

And where there is dancing, there can be many more such milliseconds.

But to V-Day itself, I still say "Bah! Humbug!". Though on the positive side, it does cause there to be many more dances.

5. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Having some fun milliseconds on the dancefloor, are you?

How was your cruise?

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yepper. It sounds like DWise1 had some fun milliseconds. :D

7. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

[looking slightly distracted and smiling wistfully]Hm?[/looking]

8. chachachacat

Wistfully, huh? Wow.

Help me , ladies, to drag the details out of him.

9. pygmalion

No way. I'm a firm believer in "what happens on the cruise ship stays on the cruise ship." :wink: :lol:

10. chachachacat

Well, no harm in asking how your cruise was, DW1?

11. pygmalion

True. No harm in asking. :cool: :)

12. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I had fun. It didn't hit me until the day before the cruise, but for eight days I was basically cut off from my world on a complete vacation from everything that's been happening in my life for years. It was my first real vacation in decades. When she picked me up at the train station, my sister commented that I looked 5 years younger.

While at sea, our group had dance workshops morning and after noon, an afternoon party, and an evening party. Then we'd usually take in the ship's show followed by dancing in one of the clubs. I was a bit disappointed with the clubs, because most of the lounges' music was only for listening, leaving only two dance venues -- a "disco" suitable only for free-style (my dance shoes wouldn't even begin to work on the floor) and our usual "Club Cool" whose band played a good variety of danceable pop music.

So, we had 3 days in port and then each of the four days at sea was mostly dancing from 10AM to midnight -- OK only about 8 hours of dancing each day at sea, but those were the hours we kept. And, yes, the arrival on the first day of me, one of the few single guys there to actually dance, was welcomed by the single women and also by the married women with non-dancing husbandes.

The ship itself (Carnival Spirit) had lots of activities going on, but I was too busy with my group's activities (which personally interested me more anyway). The crew videotaped the main activities and showed them on the ship's TV channel. One woman I had a very nice cha-cha with in Club Cool told me the next evening that other passengers were recognizing her and commented on how well we danced together; our cha-cha had been taped and a part of it was shown on TV, though we ourselves never got to see it.

No, there's nothing to report on the romance front. Spent some nice time chatting and watching the shows with a few of the single ladies (all of us in one group), as well as dancing with them. The day after a catamaran excursion where I had joined up with my cha-cha partner and she was with a couple female friends of hers, someone (not with our dance group) who had also been on that excursion recognized me as "the guy with the harem."

13. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Hey, DWise1, welcome back. I had just been wondered where you've been. Glad you had a nice vacation.

-IJ

14. pygmalion

Heh. Forget about romance. I'd take a harem over romance any day of the week. Just kidding!

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Well, two members of that "harem" are married. We were just friends and acquaintances from a larger group on an excursion together. Onlookers just looked upon them as a "harem".

The closest I came to romance was the time I spent with my cha-cha partner, which kind of amounted to a first date. Yeah, most people wouldn't look upon it as much, but it was a big step for me.

PS
    BTW, one of the dance-related commercial links above is for Herdez salsa, a food product. Makes you wonder how those links are generated. I wonder if that link generator ever got confused about swing and listed a sex site. I remember that Google got that confused when I was searching for a swing club (the swing-dance kind, naturally).

16. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Harem...:lol: I have a couple of friends that I joke about having a harem. They're both very cute, sweet guys.

Twilight Elena

17. chachachacat

Good for you, DW1! Glad you had fun.

18. Boynextdoor

Boynextdoor New Member

SOOOOOOO glad I'm not the only one to think about a VD dance... heh heh heh:raisebro:

19. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

That is a great way not to gain the "cruise ship ten pounds". Sounds exhausting but like a lot of fun.

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

As Valentine's Day is approaching, I thought I might dust off some of these Valentine's Day threads. :D

So... :bump: