Dance Ads > Aida Karina's for sale, barely used - double wide, sz 23.5 $100 obo

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by scullystwin42, Jul 18, 2017.

1. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

2 sets of Aida Karina's for sale, barely used.

1 - 2.5 flared heel, 23.5, double wide, square toe, heel protectors included
    1 - 3 slim heel, 23.5, double wide, square toe

selling because I need to switch to a different Aida style to accommodate my crazy changing feet.

2. scullystwin42

2.5 flared heel SOLD! 3"slim heel is STILL AVAILABLE

3. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

Sounds like a great deal. If these had been my size I would definitely have been interested.

4. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

Just out of curiosity, what size street shoes do you wear? I'm getting confused with all these sizes.

5. scullystwin42

I wear 8.5" US street size and size 5 in british shoe sizes (Ray Rose). hope that helps!

6. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

oh right. Are US sizes same as Canadian? (I am actually English just to add to the confusion)

7. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Yes, US and Cdn sizing are the same.

scullystwin42 likes this.
  8. scullystwin42

9. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

Hmm, OK. I wear size 8.5 regular shoe too. I wonder if these would be a good fit for me. I'm just wondering about the width. Does that affect the front area or the heel too? I don't have wide feet but the one small bunion on one foot.

10. scullystwin42

Hm, i'm not sure. The heel between wide and double wide seemed to be the same for me, but i cannot say definitively. I can send you a pic and measure the sole width, but that won't be that helpful. I do know that the person who bought the lower-heeled pair did have a bunion and it fit her, it that helps!

11. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

I guess it can't hurt to send a photo with measurements if you don't mind doing that.
    Thank you!

12. FancyFeet

That's a larger than average size-down, but they might work. Usually US to British is down about 2.5 sizes, though there is a little variance between brands. Dancers often wear latin shoes 1/2-1 size smaller than standard shoes.

Sadly, it's never exact. For example, my US size is a 9-9.5. I tend to wear Supadance shoes. My standard and practice shoes are a 7UK, my latin ones are typically a 6.5 UK; though there's one model where I prefer a 6N. I also have a VeryFine (US sizes) sandal in an 8.5 that isn't terrible, but is a little wide for me. I once ordered a pair of Capezios in a 9US (there was a great sale), and they were HUGE on me. I probably could have worn an 8.

Ordering online - without a generous return policy or phone consult - is a risk if you don't know the brand. Once you do know the brand, it's easier - either because you know your exact model/size/width/heel combination, or because you can ask how it compares to your usual.

The wide/narrow should not change the length of the shoe. That's why you sometimes see people going down a 1/2 size to get a slightly narrower shoe when different widths are not available.

13. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

It's very confusing isn't it? It would be nice to have vendors a bit closer to home. When I lived back home in England I wore a size 6 regular shoe and here in Canada I wear 8.5. I guess you work out the fit of different brands over time.

14. FancyFeet

True - but that size difference sounds about right :)

15. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

oh right, OK then. Thanks

16. scullystwin42

Looks to be about 3" at the widest. sorry for the delay in response @datitmarsh , finally got a chance to sit down and do this.

17. scullystwin42

pics

Attached Files: