Ballroom Dance > Aida & Paoul Dance Shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by LenaB, Jan 31, 2007.

1. LenaB

LenaB New Member

I was wondering if anyone has worn Aida and/or Paoul Dance shoes. What is your opinion of them? Where did you order them from?

2. GeorgiaDancer06

GeorgiaDancer06 New Member

I just got a pair of Aida dance shoes and I love them. They are very well made and extremely comfortable. I love how flexible they are so I can really point my toes.

3. LenaB

LenaB New Member

Where did you get them from? I am having a difficult time finding them on the net. Oh & what style???

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

A top local girl wears Paolo (or at least used to) standard shoes and loves them.

5. dancewi

dancewi Member

I want to order Aida latin shoes online, but I heard that Aida shoe sizes can vary widely.
    If you own Aida shoes, what size did you order and what size are your US street shoes?
    thanks

6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

If you live in NYS, The ball of NY (on Broadway and 35th Street) sells Aida shoes.

7. dancewi

dancewi Member

no.. I live in Cheeseland :)
    Hopefully somebody will help me out!

8. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Worldtone dance sells Aida. If you call them they should be knowledgeable enough to answer your question about sizing.

9. dancewi

dancewi Member

Good idea. I'll give them a call.
    Thanks!

10. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Now Paolo is the only standard dance shoe I will wear.... Love them and I order them through WorldTone.

11. Chelle

Chelle New Member

Hi :)

I own a pair of paoul shoes, and i love them. They don't make my feet hurt, even after dancing all night, and they are pretty much indestructable. I have been dancing in them for years and years (at least 6 years and at least one or two nights a week) and they are still perfect.
    The silver paint is starting to wear off a little now, but no broken soles, broken straps, loose heels or other crap i have seen with some of my friend's shoes.

Unfortunately not a lot of shops sell this brand. I am looking for a new pair as well but I don't like ordering online.

Hope this is helpful :)

12. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF Chelle....well, looking at your join date, perhaps I should say, welcome back to DF Chelle!

13. Lzilla

Lzilla New Member

Chelle is right, Paoul's are comfortable and durable

I have owned two pairs of Paoul tie practice shoes. Each pair has lasted years with weekly wears. The heel is cuban style and the leather is soft and braided so it accommodates my bunions. I got the first pair from Worldtone and the second pair from an EBayer named Svetlana in the UK. Unfortunately, Svetlana's store no longer exists and I will have to go back to Worldtone. I would love to get a pair of smooth ballroom shoes from them. They have a great durable last, leather and sole.

14. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

If it makes you feel any better, I order direct from Paoul several times per year. I have never had a problem. They will sell directly to you if you don't live near to one of their Usa representative stores.

15. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

The US Aida website appears to be under construction - at least that's what I find when I do a google search.

16. Stacie Charmaine

Stacie Charmaine New Member

Their sizing is in centimetres (the length of your foot). Google size chart. I wear a 5 UK OR 24cm in Latin, a 5.5 UK or 24.5cm in standard