General Dance Discussion > Alan Walker - Faded

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by adamjohnson, Oct 12, 2016.

1. adamjohnson

adamjohnson New Member

enters the Billboard Hot 100 Songs chart this week at #91

I'm so confused
    thought this was some modern country dude
    then came the female vocal
    a girl named Alan, strange but conceivable I guess
    now I see Alan Walker is a male producer
    so the vocalist gets no credit
    not even a featuring?
    stop the world and let me off

and I don't like it

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Well the song is not new, it is a year old. And Alan Walker is an EMD artist with dozens of dance tracks. So if Tiesto made a song we would still say the song is by Tiesto although he might feature a woman's vocal track. Or Moby if that name is more familiar.

This is rather interesting right now because I was reading up on lots of history of groups or solo artists who use a featured vocal track and how that can become legal mess when the vocal artist goes off and takes the name of the original artist, even though they were no more than a guest singer for a song or two. I would hope that Alan Walker has taken legal steps to secure his name and to contract the guest artist appropriately. Ot things like this tend to get very very out of hand.

I like it.

3. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

I watch a lot of videogaming streams and I can hear this music everywhere (in midi-alike format though, no vocals).
    To the point that I had figured it was one of those copyright-free pieces that the streamers use when they fear that Youtube will strike their video.

The first hundred times I find it good-enough-for-the-job. Kind of elevator music. Now It tends to irritate me.

Larinda McRaven likes this.