Tango Argentino > Albuquerque 2015. Anyone else going?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by oldtangoguy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. oldtangoguy

oldtangoguy Active Member

I will be. And if you don't know, there is a one day only half price sale on August 2, the first day of registration.

2. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

I was planning to, but turns out I will be in Buenos Aires at the time.
    I wish they did it at a different time... on a summer or winter break, for example.

3. oldtangoguy

Life could be worse than being in BsAs. ;)

4. oldtangoguy

Today is THE day of the discounted pass sale to the Albuquerque Tango Festival. Save 57% and I'll see you there.

5. oldtangoguy

Still no takers? It should be good. Or at least crowded. Probably also good.

6. Desert Diva

Desert Diva Member

I went. Not very exciting this year...

7. TomTango

TomTango Active Member

What made it not very exciting compared to other years?

8. oldtangoguy

Desert Diva - I'm sorry that your response was only 'Meh', but I thought it was fun. Exhausting, but fun.

Classes, at least those I took, were mellow and informative, generally dealing with technique rather than steps. Even if I knew the techniques already, raising the general level of dance through intermediate/advanced technique classes is something I always appreciate. The DJs were good. Floorcraft was, generally, good. Many of the follows were good to excellent dancers, and if a dance was not fun, it was usually because I was feeling out of sorts. The floor had two colors of wood squares - white and brown - creating clear lanes, and the dances often had three lanes. Perhaps the only complaint was that the brown squares were slightly sticky, so I had requests from a number of women that we dance in one of the white lanes.

Cabeceo was generally used, and, this being the 21st century in the USA, by women as well as men. A number of my dances were with women whom I might have been afraid to ask (insecurity strikes again), but caught my eye and invited me. I nearly always accepted.