Dancers Anonymous > "All I want for Xmas ... " 2004

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

All I can say is, "WTF is Xmas?"

All I want for Exmas is my two front teeth...

2. etchuck

etchuck New Member

It's better than emulating Mariah Carey and singing that high note on "YOU!!!!! (Baby)"

3. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Scorpianguy, DancePoet, MacMoto, Pacion & Sabor: Any pointers? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm only kidding.... :D

4. Bob

Bob New Member

According to dictionary.com, its a legal scrabble word! Not as good as OXYPHENBUTAZONE, but on a 3x may be worth playing...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Xmas

(for those of you keeping score at home, OXYPHENBUTAZONE is the highest-scoring word known under American tournament Scrabble rules (OSPD+MWCD). It can score 1778 under suitably contrived circumstances )

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: etchuck

:roll: I didn't know that you two were planning a trip (going somewhere?) :roll: :lol:

7. pygmalion

For those of your stateside: Target rocks! They have quit a few things on sale (as of this afternoon) long before Christmas. Get those bargains today! :wink: :lol:

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Genuinely not wanting to hijack DP's thread :wink: interestingly enough, quite a few stores here have been having sales/discounts too! Normally, all of that happens after Christmas, but there are all these inceptives to spend now! Whilst it is good for the consumer (money going futher), I think it is potentially scary/a sign that the economies aren't doing as well as "those in the know" would have us believe :?

Getting back on topic? What I want for Xmas 2004? :roll: To be able to answer one (just one :wink: ) of DP's questions with a direct answer :lol:

9. pygmalion

Hmmph! DP has hijacked a thread or two of mine, and turnabout IS fair play. :wink: :lol:

I think I'm going to ask for new practice shoes. 8)

10. tanzsegler

tanzsegler New Member

All I really want is enough money to pay for my apartment, I can do without the electricity, some money to fill my refrig, and some good dances with the people I love.

11. pygmalion

Things do get better, tanzsegler. Honest. :?

12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

What I want for Christmas? But I've cancelled Christmas this year, DP!

Okay, I want the next year to be less eventful, with fewer relationship complications to sort out or hard decisions to make, and more dancing -- possibly including a congress or four :lol:.

13. pygmalion

That's what I like. Modest expectations. :wink: :lol:

14. etchuck

etchuck New Member

In thinking about it, more things on my list:

Will gladly name the item after you if you give me the following brand-new things (with warranties intact):

1) DVD-burner. Compatible with any of the international formats. I have HOURS of tapes of dancing that I need to burn to DVD.

2) A new laptop. Not that my old laptop stinks, but it's on its third year, and those of us who know, a 3-year-old laptop runs like a 12-year-old car (can break down at any time).

3) Pergo flooring for my basement floor to transform it into a dance/entertainment space.

4) Furniture for aforementioned dance/entertainment space. My basement is empty except for a bookshelf where I placed my stereo and my dance music.

15. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I suppose we could just mail you a gift without a visit. ;) :lol:

16. DancePoet

I suspect you can handle this ... but it's not like I always set a good example. ;) :lol:

17. DancePoet

Well, MacMoto, if someone gives me a plane ticket to Scotland would Christmas still be on? ;)

18. DancePoet

I was rereading this thread, and realized I really liked this thought, Pygmalion. :)

19. DancePoet

etchuck: Looks like you put some thought into this list! Hope you get what you want! :)

20. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Yes as long as I don't have to cook. :wink: :lol:

Just learned that the best restaurant in my town is still taking bookings for Christmas Day lunch. The menu looks good... :)