Dancers Anonymous > "All I want for Xmas ... " 2004

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Dec 6, 2004.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Are you buying the ticket? I'll even cook for you! :D

Is there room at the restaurant for a little romantic rumba? How about at your place or maybe is there a hotel I can stay at with space to dance? ;)

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

You asked: "if someone gives me a plane ticket to Scotland"... I hope you'll find the someone! :wink:

I did notice the restaurant had a good wooden floor, although it would be difficult to dance with all the tables in the way... may be we can bribe the owner? :roll: :lol:
    I know at least one hotel near the restaurant that has a dancefloor. Or we could always dance in my kitchen! :wink:

3. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Hmm... "hey come over to my kitchen where I can make you some really spicy salsa..."

Or have some haggis instead. :)

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Are you flying down Boxing Day for the MamboCity event?

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

"Haggis?" You must have some Scottish in your blood???

6. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I'll be flying down on the 27th. There's a Boxing Day salsa event in Edinburgh and I don't want to miss it! It should be a good one. Are you going to MamboCity's?

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

No, MacMoto. I will be visiting family and playing with nephews :banana: (and secretly teaching them salsa and bachata :lol: )

I am sure you will have a great time though. Remember to pack some flirty dresses :wink: The overall dress is smart/elegant, what with it being Christmas time and in a 5 star hotel.

If you have them (so many discussions on shoes, I have forgotten who has what! :lol: ) be sure to take a pair each of suede and leather. I suspect the suede will do you well for the whole time you are there but just in case.

8. Patapouf

Patapouf New Member

All I want for christmas is YOU! :raisebro:

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I will -- I have some outfits that are too smart/elegant for usual weekend nights, which should be perfect for Christmas dancing. I might even take my "lady in red" dress with me. :wink:

I don't have leather-soled shoes -- only suede and a pair of dance trainers (which I'll probably need for workshops). Any idea what the floor will be like (fast/slow/dangerous :lol:)?

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Re whether the floor is fast, slow or dangerous - it depends really. Not a helpful response I know :? :lol:

From recollection based on the April event, there are three rooms. One room has marble tiles with wood panels, another one was hotel supplied flooring and the third one was a really nice smooth (fast?) floor!

The room with the hotel supplied flooring was used for the RnB/hip hop type music and then salsa in the other two rooms. I think you will be fine with suede, just be careful until you get the sense of the floor.

I remember women (and guys) were wearing both for the evening so it is down to choice.

I wouldn't say that any of the floors were dangerous/slippery necessarily. Just be careful with switching between rooms ie. don't go wild straight away :wink: get a feel for dancing on the marble and then get a feel for dancing on the smooth wood.

11. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Funny you mention that -- I've just had this experience this weekend. I did two clubs (facing each other across a street) on Sunday, and the first one had a SERIOUSLY sticky floor while the floor in the second one was in reasonable condition. It took me two songs to adjust and stop over-rotating every move.