Swing Discussion Boards > American Lindy Hop Championships

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by SwinginBoo, Sep 25, 2003.

1. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

This year's ALCH is on the weekend of October 23 - 26, 2003.
    It takes place at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford, CT.
    The hotel's number is 203-359-1300
    The number to call for tickets to ALCH is 800-647-9464

I'm thinking about entering the Jack and Jill. :D

Is anyone else going?

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Best of luck to you on that!!

I have to think about it and weigh my obligations.... hmmmm....

3. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I went last year to watch, and social dance. It was the most amazing experience. You've got to go to see the American Showcase division. The aerials they do are amazing!

I got to see Natalie Gomes & Yuval Hod last year. Has anyone seen them in person. Absolutely incredible. There are no words to describe the experience of watching them dance.

Even if you only go one night it's worth it. They have social dancing between the competitions and a dance that runs until the wee hours of the morning. :p

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cute avatar, SwingBoo! :D

I won't be there. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't even know how to lindy hop. :shock: :cry:

And when I asked my dance coach about it a few weeks ago, he couldn't generate enough interest to start a class. Now that IS a shocker. So maybe next year, after I'm a little less ignorant.

Let me know how it went. :D

5. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Thanks!

Wow, it's really sad that there weren't enough people interested. Of course I didn't even know Lindy existed until a year and a half ago. Come to CT and I'll teach you some Lindy :lol:

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I was hoping for something a little more local. :lol: :lol: But I may take you up on that invite one day soon. :D

Actually, there's a pretty active lindy scene at one of the local universities. I may look into that, even though I'm at least a decade older than all the other participants. It's still dancing, after all! :D

7. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I wouldn't worry about the age thing, as anyone who knows my boyfriend can attest to, lol. Remember, it IS all about the dancing. :D

8. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

COOL! I've got a spare room!!