Tango Argentino > Videos > Ampster's video

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Ampster, May 25, 2008.

1. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

We were asked a few days ago to dance at Seattle's Northwest Folk Life Festival. Part of the exhibitions were "Couples Dances." A representation of all social dances available in Seattle.

We were asked to represent the Seattle Tango people. We chose to do an Improv number to "Malena."

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XpkcrFraK8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XpkcrFraK8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    [/YT]

2. kieronneedscake

kieronneedscake New Member

Props for sticking yourself out in public like that. I think that's a fine demonstration of what we might consider "social" tango. :applause:

Don't suppose you fancied doing a colgada over the edge of the stage? :p

3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Ampster that was done very well. In the first section the slow motions, the standing, waiting, shifting - then the giro at the first refrain and then the calesita as an eyecatcher - and in the end finishing with some rythmic patterns must have been convincing.

Greetings

4. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

5. jfm

jfm Active Member

lovely.
    Is this a sneaky way to lure us all to Seattle so we can dance with you? On the basis of your video I'm certainly tempted!

6. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Thanks all :p

Yup, the theme of the showcase was "Couple Dancing in Seattle." We conciuosly refrained from doing the "Showy and flashy" stuff, as we (and all the other performers) wanted to show the audience (the majority of whom were non-dancers), something that they themselves could aspire to by showing things that were "real." Things you can actually do in a milonga (or in any other venue appropriate to the dance).

7. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

;) :rolleyes: :D

8. Me

Me New Member

Careful Ampster... it's addictive! You start out with 'just one' exhibition and then before you know it, you're buying more shoes, more dresses, planning your diet around certain weekends... oh of course, I wouldn't know anything about this. I'm talking about... a friend! Yes, that's it... a friend...

9. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Lol! Me, too late, I... *ahem,* *My friend* already has 6 pairs at the ready with 2 more on the way.
    :rolleyes:

10. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

The way it's filmed, it looks like you're dancing on a rope.