Salsa > And I thought it couldn't get better...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by salsarhythms, Aug 28, 2003.

1. salsarhythms

salsarhythms New Member

You are by far the greatest...

By that I mean, it is because of you that this forum
    has grown. For your contributions, your knowledge
    your insight, and most of all your willingness to share
    and to treat each other with respect.

I never really get into forums much, and lately I have
    found myself here more than even working...and it's
    all because of the people in this forum.

All of you...

Not just the folks contributing here in the Salsa group,
    but every single group here in Dance-Forums.com. The
    site administrators DanceMentor and SDSalsaguy, the
    Moderators, D Nice, Vince A, MissAlyssa, and Pass It On...

I want to thank you for making this such a great place to
    participate in, and I want to ask you a favor...

Tell everyone...

Every Salsa Dancer...

Every Swing Dancer...

Every Tango Dancer...

Everyone...

...let's make this a great community to be a part
    of, because honestly...

had it not been for you, I would not be here participating
    as much as I do...so I know that there are tons more people
    out there just tired of the "stuff" on some of the other forums.

Here we actually learn something (Imagine That!! :D) So let's
    share that with everyone you know and bring in other
    points of view...

Respectfully,

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

To Fernando...Thank you, I am deeply honored.

To everyone else…I truly agree with everything Fernando has said. I started out here as a member back on March 28, 2003...but because of the atmosphere and the people here I found myself getting more and more involved, certainly in excess of other BBs to which I have belonged far longer. And it’s all because of you, the members who make these forums what they are...

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

salsarhytms,

You said it so well. I discovered this forum less than a week ago, and I already feel like I've been embraced by a community of friends who share many of my own experiences, feelings and interests.

There are so many good things about this forum -- the educational and informational aspects, the emotional support, the silly jokes. It's all so good, and I appreciate you all.

To be honest, one week ago, I had more or less decided to stop dancing. Stop dancing! I have accomplished a whole lot in the past couple of years, and I just didn't know where to go next. But being in this forum over the past week has convinced me of one thing. I don't know where I'm going next, but I know I'm going.

It's because of listening to more experienced folks, and people who've been around years longer than I have, plus being able to reach out and share what I know. I see the value, and I'm going to hang in.

Thanks.

4. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

I think a community like this is so special because at least in my experience the only people that understand the amazing feeling that is dancing are dancers. I'm sure you all know that blank look on a non-dancer friend's face when you describe the 'fix' you get when you're out there...they just don't get it. They CAN'T get it.

Here we ALL get it and are happy to share it with each other! I look forward to learning more from all of you :D

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

pygmalion...I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that you'll still be dancing...for your sake if no one else's. I am also infinitely honored that these forums played any role in keeping you with it.

6. dancer at heart

dancer at heart New Member

A blessing

I was fortunate enough to have discovered this forum in my time of need. And it is because of all the people here who gave so much support and encouragement that I am once again out doing something I am very passionate about and just dance.

It's a true blessing to have a great community such as this to keep the spirit of the dance alive. :)

7. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

I agree. I find myself logging in all the time (shout outs to all my logs-in-every-hour-or-so club members) just to see what's new. I love to see new members being so active!!! It's amazing! I'm honored to be a part of this community! :D

8. pygmalion

It's one of those things. I guess I didn't set my goals high enough to start with, because, in two years, I have far exceeded any dance goal I ever had. Now it's just a matter of taking a week or two and figuring out what I want to do next. No doubt I can do it, with a little humility and dedication.

9. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Thank you

Never have I ever, online, felt such warmth and care coming from a community. I haven't been a member for long but I have sure felt the embrace/warmth/care of follow dancers to each and every post. I can only be happy to know that when work calls I can always run away to Dance-forums. :D Thank you all...

10. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I agree about this forum. It has grown a lot in the past few months and is taking over from dancescape as my favorite forum. :D

Gee, we ought to have our own convention with lots and lots of dancing. Easier said then done, but wouldn't that be cool? 8)

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Did you ever get this correct! Even my wife gets nto the act . . . she says . . . "Hey, something wrong? It's been an hour, why aren't you logging into Dance Forums?"

Or when she is "looking" for me, I shout back at her . . . " Hold on Babe, I'll be down to the bedroom in a minute . . . I have to check the Swing forum out!" :wink:

Oh the agony we go through just to ba a part of this great site! It's an addiction . . . I'm on this more than I'm on my work stuff! It's almost as bad as Car Dancing!!!

12. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

LOL!! my bf always teases me also. he wants to start a movie right now and I said "you don't understand, I haven't read all the new posts. I'm a moderator...it's my DUTY"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

O-o-o-o-o-ps . . . I hit submit instead of preview!

MissAlyssa,
    You sound as "bad as I am," that's my excuse too!

"Baby . . . I'm a Moderator. It's my job . . . they ne-e-e-e-e-e-ed me, Honey."

And now that I have "Welcome" duties for SD for a while, I have even more of an excuse to get online! :roll:

15. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Vince,
    As soon as I walked in the door tonight from work I told my bf not to sit in the computer chair to watch football because I wanted to use it and he just rolled his eyes LOL!! :roll:

16. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

YOU ARE BAD!!! Thank goodness . . . !!!

I didn't do too much "computer playing" last night for the same reason - football! We had an inner-office bet on the game, and I was the only one who picked the 'Skins.' Lunch will be really 'sweet' today!

17. pygmalion

bf. b. f. ?

I thought biggie fries? breakfast? bifurcated?

bf. Couldn't figure it out.

It took me quite a while to figure out boyfriend. :D

I guess I must be from the politically correct generation. s. o., I understand. :lol: :lol:

18. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

pygmalion,
    Funny . . . very funny . . . . thanks for getting out of my "touchy" mood! I'm back on track!!!!

19. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

LOL I'm a youngin I guess.. :wink:

Vince, I was betting on the Jets, I only watched the end of the game to know who won :lol:

20. pygmalion

I was really stretching it by the time I got to bifurcate. Amazing the dumb tidbits of info that stick in your mind from the required general education classes you take.

I've come to the conclusion that the purpose of education is to make you remember pointless facts (I've certainly forgotten all the useful stuff I ever knew) and so you can win a few scrabble games in your old age. :lol: