Dancers Anonymous > And This Valentine Is For...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, Feb 2, 2005.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i say make DP's post, here, one of those "pass on to 10 friends" emails... a way to redeem the genre. <g>

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hello, m'dear... and who are you? ;)

veuve cliquot is my favorite... or nicolas feuillatte, if we're talkin' pink...

pop a bottle & pull up a few glasses... the day may redeem itself, yet!:cool:

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow... clever man... ;)

4. johns

johns New Member

I believe I have a bottle of La Grande Dame Rose that I have yet to try... although I'm quite far from Jersey at the moment, and I don't know of any old mills in the neighborhood...

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

<immediately sustaining champagne swoon... lol>

alas, a virtual glass will have to do...:D

i appreciate your kind offer!

6. johns

johns New Member

Cheers! :cheers: (just imagine champagne flutes in place of the beer glasses)

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:cheers:
    thank you, johns!

wishing you a lovingly wonderful valentines day, with many more to come...
    along with scads of joy,
    ludicrously great health,
    more dollars than you can ever count,
    the energy of a teen-ager,
    and abiding inner peace!.. :D

8. johns

johns New Member

You are most kind!

Happy Valentine's Day!

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

A few years before the 80s became "retro." ;)

10. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Or seek a good counselor to help you work through all that stuff. :friend:

11. DancePoet

Happy V-Day to you, too! :kissme:

12. DancePoet

:lol:

As I read this post, at first I was feeling, "No, not another one of those :roll:", but then the part about redeeming reminded me this was a compliment. :cool:

13. DancePoet

Well ... another V-Day has come and gone. Let's keep the love we give going all year long towards the various people in our lives, and before you know it, the world could be a better place.

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Way too much chocolate in my house. I can't wait for Easter to be here and gone. Candy season (Halloween-Easter) is just way too long!

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Tried it; didn't work but rather only made things worse. Had me put on anti-depressants that ruined my ability to concentrate -- I'm a programmer, so I need to be able to concentrate in order to keep my job; I had to get off that stuff as quickly as possible and it turned out to be one with bad withdrawl symptoms. She kept pressuring me to be dating all the time, juggling three women at the same time; put me into severe anxiety states that lasted for several weeks -- I had to slip out in the middle of a pilates class to avoid a full-fledged panic attack and haven't been able to go back since. Things like match.com just go completely against the grain. Worst of all, I would have had to drop most of my dancing to be able to follow her plan, which would have been completely counter-productive. No thank you very much.

Besides, shouldn't counselling be recommended instead for the person who delusionally believes that everybody else can read her mind?

PS
    Instead, my plan is to love (platonically, of course) every woman I know. Keeping my guard up, of course.

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I believe the key part to DP's suggestion was the GOOD part.

And, from what I've heard from friends who've been through lots of counselors, finding a good one can be tough. But they're out there.

And while counseling would certainly be good for the delusional one, it'd probably be good for those hurt by the delusions.

*hugs* :friend:

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it was, indeed!
    :D

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ah, but mine hasn't gone yet...! due to the weather & health constraints experienced yesterday, BF refused to acknowledge that yesterday was v-day & kept repeating how much he was looking forward to valentine's... on monday...:cool:

my own romantic extravaganza is yet to come. <g> :raisebro:

i could not agree more, DP...
    <smooches to all...>

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yay... there you are! very happy to see you, doll... :D
    where ya been hidin'?

20. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Hmmm...how to say it? Things in my house have kept me preoccupied; as has my boss. Cheating today a bit, but will still be a little scarce for a bit longer.

Good to be missed; I have missed you, too!