Dance Ads > Another post about gowns for sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Jul 7, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I wasn't just bumping the thread up; I really did want to see a picture of the orange dress. Any pix? 8) :)

2. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I don't ballroom dance competitively, but I think it would be so great to get all dressed up in one of the dresses. Just like when I was a kid and used to dress up in mom's clothes. Do kids still do that?

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

It was Anna's, Victor's partner blackpool dress from last year. There are lots of photos on dancesport info site... :) I will post some photo of me later :)

4. pygmalion

Cool. Thanks. :D

5. Katarzyna

[​IMG]

Here is it

6. pygmalion

Ahh! :D Now I understand the "fish scale" description. 8) You look absolutely lovely, btw. The color goes nicely with your skin tone and hair color. :D

I guess it's a little late to be saying that, since you've already sold the gown. :oops: But hey. Better late than never. *shrug* :D

7. Katarzyna

It was nice color, but didn't like how it made my shoulders look. I don't have the best topline, and this dress really brought it out...

8. pygmalion

I can see how you'd be uncomfortable with the cut of the shoulders, if you're not happy with your topline.

I still think you look great, though. :wink: 8)

9. Katarzyna

I just think my shoulders are broad, and it was tight there as well.. the style could be ok if it was wider there...

10. lynn

lynn New Member

Wow, the fish scale one is really cool :lol: !!

11. Katarzyna

Is gone now.. Oh well time to dream of another one... I really want another dress...

12. lynn

lynn New Member

how long do you usually keep a dress??

P.S. i find it's best to put down what the reserve is when you're selling on ebay, a lot of ppl turn away b/c they don't want to spend the energy guessing.

13. Katarzyna

I try to wear it no more than 3 times.. but depends.

I know the reserve is annoying, but if I didn't want a reserve, I would just start it at 750... reserve usually worded for me in the past

14. pygmalion

The reserve is the minimum price at which you're willing to sell? 8)

15. Katarzyna

not really... It's less than what I'm willing to sell it for, but is enough for me not to kill myself in case it sells...

16. pygmalion

Ah. Understood. The whole eBay strategy thing is more complicated than it looks. 8)

17. Katarzyna

:lol:

18. Katarzyna

no coherent strategy, just random ideas

19. pygmalion

Whatever it takes to maximize your profit. :wink: :lol:

20. Katarzyna

More like minimising losses, but yes :)