Dance Ads > Another post about gowns for sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Jul 7, 2005.

1. lynn

lynn New Member

It's a very beautiful gown! Hope you have better luck this time around!

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

In worst case, I can just keep it..

3. lynn

lynn New Member

I looked at your posting again and somehow i don't think the pictures are very clear, maybe it's just me, but i think your avatar is much clearer and nicer than the pictures you have on eBay.....maybe change of picture will help??

4. Katarzyna

Maybe I can add couple photos... I will add couplemore tonigt

5. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

It is a nice dress... you may want to try contacting www.rhythmicrentals.com - they are always on the lookout for nice and not-so-expensive gowns that they can add to their rental collection

I bought a smooth gown for $ 450, was a bit apprehensive in terms of fit but it worked out very well. I'd be a bit uncomfortable spending the $ 750 - not sure why, do it quite often when writing checks for dresses bought 'off-line'...

6. Katarzyna

I guess I will give that a try in case it doesnt' sell on ebay this time around, and if it doesn't sell at Nationals

7. Katarzyna

Plus, I really don't want to sell it for 750, I was hoping to sell it for about a 1000

8. Katarzyna

9. lynn

lynn New Member

Nice pictures!

The dress definately deserves $1000 but it's difficult to get people to pay that much on eBay with fit being the biggest concern....

10. Katarzyna

I know, I usually buy all of my gowns online though... And they usually fit. IF they don't fit, I re-sell them. I usually check the measurements and if they don't match exactly, figure out if the fabrics will stretch.

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why people bid so little last time around. With a buy-it-now price of $1050, surely they must've known you weren't going to part with it for so little ... :?

12. Katarzyna

People are watching their budgets.. I just got another dress (ok 2) so I really need to sell this and my blue one :cry:

13. lynn

lynn New Member

the #1 reason why ppl shop on eBay - budget! Some ppl are expecting 90% discount on items that they can purchase otherwise in stores....

14. Katarzyna

The funny thing is that often things sold on ebay are sold for more than they sell in the store

15. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Maybe you should drag the gowns and tails and all to Nationals and see if in-person interest might exceed online interest?

16. lynn

lynn New Member

Yep, some ppl are too caught up in the whole bidding frenzy....

17. lynn

lynn New Member

I would really suggest you to take the gown to every competition you go to - ppl are much more willing to pay higher prices if they can see the actual product. Besides, it's such a beautiful gown, it definately deserve a much higher price!

18. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Where are you listing your blue gown??? I'd be interested in seeing it!

19. Katarzyna

I have them listed on Ballroomdancers.com
    I am taking them to the nationals and any comps we compete at...

20. lynn

lynn New Member

Hopefully you'll find someone worthy of the gown!