General Dance Discussion > Another question for the males - Why did you start dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by SPratt74, Aug 5, 2006.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I started dancing for the following reasons.

1. Enjoyed watching it when I was a kid.
    2. Express feeling through movement to music.
    3. Felt it would be a good skill to have for social situations.

The reason you mention is not why I started, but I'm confused over much of what is being communicated with your last paragraph. Could you explain?

2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

This has been the most interesting thread! I can't believe I received so many replies! ;)

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, my sister asked me the first question. Then my friend asked me the second question, because she's still young and doesn't understand. So, I thought that I would ask the two questions together! ;)

4. DancePoet

Hmmm ... no wonder I find women's voices to be as beautiful as music. :cool:

5. DancePoet

Hmmm ... not all guys are like this ... if we choose to conciously listen to a woman, and place her as equally important as our self, it really is amazing what we can learn. :cool:

6. DancePoet

My SO likes it when I say something like this, too. :cool:

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Kind of scary too. :shock:

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Can you say this to my x? Really... he could learn a few things from you! ;)

9. DancePoet

Well ... hmmm ... I guess some guys likely make their intentions known, and others likely don't, just like any other situation where guys and gals are looking to meet the opposite sex. *shrug*

10. DancePoet

What is there to be scared of?

11. DancePoet

I could if I knew him, but at this point such a situation is highly unlikely. ;)

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! Yeah he probably wouldn't listen to you if you said you knew of me lol! ;)

13. DancePoet

Okay. :car:

14. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

When I'm talking with a woman, having a conversation with her, then I do listen. If she's just "yakking" (as in the example given, jumping from one topic to another, none of which are of interest), then of course it would be a different matter -- in that case I'd get lost, terminally confused, and my brain will shut down. And especially if I'm getting to know somebody, I'm going to listen to what she's saying.

But then I've always prefered socializing with women -- lots more interesting conversations that with men -- so I have a lot of practice listening to women. I take after my father in that way; he always liked to talk with others about their experiences and expertise, effectively adding their knowledge to his own. One day, one of the salseras told me that they had been talking about me the other night and they decided that I was the only guy they knew who could discuss more than just salsa.

On the cruise, I'd spent most of the evening with this one woman whom I then walked to her passageway, but not to her cabin. She said that her cabin door was the one decorated by a pink feather boa (with this group, it's customary to decorate your door and they give an award for the best one). The next afternoon she hadn't shown up to the cabin stuffing, so I went to her cabin to check on her. She looked surprised that I knew where it was, so I reminded her that she had described it to me. Her eyes opened wide and her jaw dropped: "You were listening."

15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no, not all, and not all the time...but I think most are, at least occasionally..

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

hi.

17. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Relive your past. Download an AVI of that commercial, gap.avi, from ftp://poy.no/vintage/clips/ . Or you could also go through http://poy.no/vintage/ , which lists the video clips by naming their source (ie, movie, commercial, TV show) and crediting the featured performers.

BTW, be advised that the original site, Natch Dot Com, had encoded them using DivX. At the time, the only way I could view them was by downloading for free the DivX player. Currently, Media Player on XP Home can handle most of the files I had downloaded -- though MP on XP Pro seems to be broken most of the time -- , but there are a few still, such as the clip from Malcolm X, that I still need to use the DivX player on.

18. DancePoet

:cool:

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, I can't complain about you guys not being honest! :raisebro:

20. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

The only real question is (sales and marketing) or (product development) ... not 'why'.... ;-)