General Dance Discussion > Another question for the males - Why did you start dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by SPratt74, Aug 5, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That's a really nice thing to do. I mean watching out for the ladies when you see guys like this. I had one instructor do this to me once, because he knew the guy was at our studio for the wrong reason. And he was there right behind us the whole time making sure the guy wasn't being a jerk even though he still ended up being a jerk and leaving early, because he didn't get any from any of the women lol. ;)

2. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Why not?

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

As a younger guy, I have to say that there's something wonderful about being initiated into new areas of dance by an older, experienced woman... :D

4. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

About guys who start dancing to meet women, I think it really depends from studio to studio. I'm currently taking bronze smooth classes at two studios. One tends to have mostly singles, whereas the other tends to have mostly couples. Interestingly, the studio with fewer singles seems to be much more casual and conducive to significant-other-hunting. In contrast, the single women at the other studio seem so intensely dedicated to their dancing. I wouldn't even dream of setting foot at this studio with anything on my mind besides dancing.

5. Ultima

Ultima New Member

Well.. I can say I am deffinatly not the "Player" type ..

I dont chase every single women or new comer that comes to dance class ..

Sure I dance with them , I mean you get to dance with everyone...

But I thought it would be a great place to meet good women , as some one else said about that whole bar thing , There is no ways I want to go hang out a socialize at a bar to hopefully meet some one.

I like to take my time site back , Observe , get to know the ladies and really suss out what they are about , and if I sense some sort of mutal feelings bettween the two of Us I will try to move to a friendship , then hope fully a relationship...

So you see its not about being a player or anything like that , its about getting out there socializing meeting ppl .. who knows?

I would love to have a girlfriend / wife that I can also dance with and just generally have a great time...

but thats me .. old fashioned values hahah .. and I am not even old , I am in my mid 20ies.. hahah...

well thats my thoughts anyway..

yes its kinda the whole knight in shinning amour / Gentalman type thing I want to try and convey , but thats me I want to be that man for my woman one day.

*HOPELESS ROMANTIC*

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I think it's funny, because I just realized this week what my partner's attentions are lol. (Not that I care lol.) I guess I'm not as clever as I had thought when it comes to reading men!

7. dgcasey

dgcasey New Member

Well, the biggest reason would be that I don't drink. I can remember when I was in my 20s and early 30s and I would go out to bars to listen to live music and would see countless women get completely blasted. Once the live music thing died here in Vegas, I stopped going to bars altogether. I have absolutely no desire to go back the bar scene in hopes of finding my future companion.

If I don't find her on the dance floor or riding her road bicycle out at Red Rock, I'm going to end up being single the rest of my life. :shock:

8. nikita

nikita New Member

When you ask around under guys- if they would like to go dancing- you will rather find one. Besides the few "real" dancers or the guys which are not interested in girls. Going to a dance school to meet other people, is absolutely okay. Unfortunately for the guys -girls like to dance. We are usually not to find at a box match or a football stadium.
    The problems start, when the guys are so concentrated on the beautiful girls around, that they can't perform a simple CBL after a year or two. In that case I would say, they waste their and our time.

9. kayak

kayak Active Member

Cool, I can do a CBL. So I get to stick around :)

There are certainly a number of women who come to studios not knowing much dance and looking for a guy who dances. They match up pretty quick and have their own built in dance instructor. There are others who are so focused on the perfect turn that they miss the guys entirely....

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gotta confess...unless yer tony dovolani, you are just a practice tool to me...sad but true

11. brujo

brujo New Member

I like this better,

4) you really actually want to learn to dance to be able to meet better women

12. fascination

and we ARE better:cool:

13. kayak

kayak Active Member

Don't worry, when you get bored to death waiting to dance with Tony, we will be here to save you ;)

14. fascination

;) excellent

15. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

hmm...interesting points mentioned so far. I've met all my gfs through dance, though I never went out to get them that way. A couple reasons. The first being that since that is where I spend most of my time. Second it is easy to be flirty etc and somehow some person gets attracted to that...and makes the time to connect outside dancing and it goes from there. Third, you as a leader are making the lady feel good, without even talking which gives you a head start compared to the bar scene. And as someone mentioned...if you are not into drinking going to a bar is not something you really want to do.