Dance Ads > Any guy interested in a partnership?

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by dancing_princess, Oct 25, 2005.

1. dancing_princess

dancing_princess New Member

Hey,

I know that this is probably a long shot, but I think that I'm getting desperate!! I'm hoping to find a partner soon and have not had any luck on the ballroomdancer and dancepartner sites.

I'm interested in Int'l Latin or American Rhythm (I love samba, so I'm leaning towards Int'l Latin).

I'm in Northern NJ and hope you are too. Worst, worst case scenario, I'd go with someone in NYC or Central NJ - I'm mainly looking for convenience. If you know of someone, please past this onto them. Please send me a PM.

Thanks.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

UNfotunately I'm in central NY, 4 hours away from NYC. And I do like latin... :( Oh..well...

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Wow! I grew up in Leonia. Small world. Unfortunately, I'm not the partner you need :)

Good luck in your search!

4. dancing_princess

Tease!!! :)

5. dancing_princess

Yep, right next door - same exit # off the Turnpike! :)

How about a sex change op so that you can become the partner I need? :-D

6. mamboqueen

Ummm...wow! Can't say I've ever had that question asked of me before?!! How about if I help you find a partner instead :)

7. liangjz

liangjz New Member

I know there are partner search websites like dancepartner.com

Not sure how often they actually help though.

8. dancing_princess

LOL - I try to be original at times! But, sure, you can help if you don't want to make "the change". :) Seriously, I appreciate any help you can send my way.

9. redhead

redhead New Member

oh yes they do

10. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I think dance partner search engines online are a good idea. Most f them are cost-free.
    Search around a bit and see what you get.

Twilight Elena

11. mamboqueen

Funny thing about dancepartner.com...before I signed up and was just searching for a partner, there were PAGES of potential partners. A few months went by and I bit the bullet and paid to be a member and now when I search, only ONE page of results comes up (and I actually BROADENED the search parameters). So, either something *funny* was going on to make it look like there were more potential partners than there were, or everyone up and left when I signed up. I'm not ready to buy option 2 just yet, as I already have a complex!

Good for you, redhead. Is it your current partner that you found there?

12. redhead

redhead New Member

well... we already knew each other - but I didn't know he was looking and he didn't know I was (our partnerships ended at approximately same time).
    I found a few potential partners there with (much) less experience willing to give it a shot. Also about a week after we partnered up I got a couple of e-mails from new-in-town guys (looked very compatible)... but again it's all or nothing, I had no luck for the longest time before.
    Good luck to you!

13. mamboqueen

You must live in the tri-state area *LOL*

Thanks...I always figure that good things come to those who wait.

14. redhead

redhead New Member

no - it was pure luck! my state has 4 latin couples on a good day ;)

15. mamboqueen

Oh my....you mean amateur couples, I assume. Not sure what we have...probably quite a few because of the college scene.

16. redhead

redhead New Member

I don't get what you mean... not sure if we have *any* (active) pro latin couples at all...

17. mamboqueen

I wasn't sure you meant amateur couples....but figured as much. Not a big pro scene where you are, though?

18. redhead

redhead New Member

it's Smooth kingdom here (Rhythm has just as many couples, just results are not as good)

19. mamboqueen

Arizona??? (keep giving hints and I'll try to guess...unless you don't want to be found...)

20. mamboqueen

no....lemme change it to California (although now that I look at the time and how long you've been posting, I think I'm in the wrong part of the country).