Dancers Anonymous > Any Plan for Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Dancebug, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

So what are you planning to do with your SO on Valentine's Day? What are you getting for your SO? Where are you getting your chocolates? Both of us like chocolates from a same local chocolate store, so we ended up getting same chocolates for each other for the past couple of years. I wanted to get something different for him this year. But it will have to be better than the chocolates at our local store. Any suggestions?

2. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Why don't you make chocolate truffles at home....mmm....
    Don't have a recipe right now, but I'm sure you'll find on the net.

3. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Check out Sagitta's "Choco" thread.

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Valentine's Day I'm spending with lots of chocolate, but all alone. Meh. Who needs SO's when you've got praline?

Twilight Elena

5. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

We are helping to host a benefit dance for one of our dance friends who has been battling with Leukemia for about a year now. Classes cancelled, studio fee cancelled, dj fee cancelled. Just sharing our love with our friend in need.

harrysdance.com/page13.html

6. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

That's great, KS49er.

I'll be playing in an orchestra concert that evening, and my SO lives four hours away, so we're putting off Valentine's day until Saturday. I can wait. :)

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... not sure it makes sense to post it here ... she might read it and I want it to be a surprise. ;) :lol:

8. that is a beautiful gesture and thought ...

9. Medira

Medira New Member

I'll go to the studio for a practice party and, after that, indulge in a hot bath and a good book. :D

10. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Chocolates would have so much easier. She loved strawberries fanatically, but kept herself on such a strict diet that getting her something edible would have been grounds to have me shot.

I'll be having salsa for VD, assuming that they're still having the class. And I'll be avoiding VD events like the plague.

11. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

For the first time in nearly 24 years of marriage, my lw and I will be dancing together for Valentine's Day. A lot.

We plan to attend dances at various locations Feb. 11, 12, 16, 17, 18 and 19.

The Feb. 11 event will be our first dance with live music.

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dinner at a nice place....thats it...

13. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

That is six times dancing in nine days. Lucky you!

14. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

First time with live music! Wow, big deal! And also big deal about dancing with the LW ;)

I'm going to a DJ dance on the 11th, at a ballroom I've never visited before. Apperently it's quite old and lovely!

15. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Chocolate? Did somebody say chocolate? I'm making 200 truffles for Valentines Day...bought about 10 pounds of chocolate this last week and have been up to my elbows in it for the last two days. I like to share the love with all my friends and family on Valentines Day...but I certainly do not feel like eating it myself after making 200 of them!

Chocolate truffles are very easy to make (as long as you don't want to "enrobe" them in tempered chocolate - that's where they're encased in a chocolate shell). Most people will make the truffle centers and then cover them with nuts or cocoa powder. It's actually very simple that way (though you must refrigerate them for storage and they only last 3 or 4 days - which is not the same as if you enrobe them).

The centers are basically the best quality chocolate you can find, cream and a flavoring (usually a liqueor like framboise, grand marnier, or cognac). If anybody is interested in trying there is plenty of info. on the net or they can PM me and I can describe the process.

Happy Valentines Day everybody!

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I will be driving one hour each way to practice for a show that Friday with my group, La Familia, of Syracsue NY.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I guess I'd better make a plan. :lol:

18. chandra

chandra New Member

Ermm... Purposefully getting very sick and staying home and avoiding the world all day untill I have to work? is that allowed?

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

In a word ... no. :wink: :lol:

20. Keelzorz

Keelzorz New Member

My college is hosting a Valentine's dance, with an argentine tango lesson. They usually find a frightening amount of funding - last year they had to "blow it" on roses and sushi. Unfortunatly, my SO is an hour north at his college. So, I'll be dancing, but thinking of him.