Anyone from Canada here?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Dancing-Chicka, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Dancing-Chicka

Dancing-Chicka New Member

Hello,

I am new on this forum. I have started dancing in January. I have danced in the past many many years ago but had to stop for personal reasons. Now I have taken it up again and very happy about it. I have a great passion for dancing. I am now working on my International levels. Woohoo.! :D

I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that is from my end of the globe, Ontario Canada?

DC

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

WElcome to df. I'm pretty sure there are others from your neck of woods. What type of dancing do you do...swing/ballroom/latin...tango?

3. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Welcome to DF, DC! I'm pretty sure Medira, (who hasn't been as regular here as she once was) is an Ontarioite. There are likely others. I'm just across the big lake and over a bit!

-IJ

4. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I'm only 3 hrs from Canada ;)

5. Medira

Medira New Member

You rang? ;)

Welcome to DF and welcome to the world of ballroom! I'm an Ontario girl through and through...most of my time these days is in the Toronto area though. :)

6. Dancing-Chicka

Thank you for your replies.

I dance pretty much all the smooth dances and the latin ones too. I am from Ottawa actually. I am also a body fitness competitor. Looking forward to be competing in dancing too and meeting everyone here on this forum. :D

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If that's you in your avatar...

Hubba, hubba, hubba.

8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Better not let Kristen hear you.

So...are we about to end up with another D-F-er as a resident of Canada? ;-)

9. Medira

Medira New Member

I have a couple of friends who are fitness competitiors as well. It looks like a fun world to get involved in!

Have you danced (non-partner) before, or is this your first attempt at any form of dance?

10. Dancing-Chicka

Joe,

Yes it is me in my avatar. I dont put fake pics up. LOL...

Peaches, whats a D-F-er ?

Medira, Yes..Fitness is a nice world. I have been doing bodybuilding for three years and now switched over to Figure (bodyfitness). As for dancing, I have danced ballroom many many years ago but had to stop. Now I have taken it up again and my instructor is my partner. I love it. I have a big passion for dancing. My training actually helps my dancing alot.

Mich.

11. Indiana_Jay

DF-er = (D)ance (F)orum us(er)

-IJ

12. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Hey babe :) I'm from Alberta... used to live in Ontario. Welcome to DF! Great bunch of people here.

13. Indiana_Jay

... and Thespi rolls out a cool new avatar!

14. chandra

chandra New Member

I was born in hunsville ontario, although I live in Iowa now.
    (soon to be chicago)

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hey, yeah... very cool, thespina! luv the colors, the backwards glance... niiiice! :)

16. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

;) well thank ya...

Chandra that's weird.. I lived in Iowa for nearly four years not too long ago. :) coolio!

17. ballroom4life

ballroom4life New Member

Hey! I'm from Ottawa too!

It's interesting you bring up body building, because I'm a big gym fan (never done actual bodybuilding though) and I'm training for a half marathon.... if you've got tips, please share !:D

18. Dancing-Chicka

Hey BR4life,

Where do you train? Where do you dance too?

M.

19. Tori

Tori New Member

Yay Canada!
    I'm from Alberta.

20. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Well hello there ;)