Country and Western > anyone have advice about country music dancing?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Estena, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Estena

Estena New Member

i like to listen to country music so if you have any advice i'd be very thankful. Thanx

2. Kuriin

Kuriin New Member

Get a cowboy hat? :lol: :? :?

No clue, don't know the style. :eek: :eek:

3. Estena

Estena New Member

got 2

4. sunshineboy78

sunshineboy78 New Member

The primary country western dance is two-step although, there are a number of dances that are done to country western music. I'm listing all of them here:

two-step, triple two-step, night-club two-step, rhythm two-step, waltz, cha-cha, polka, schottishe, east-coast swing, west-coast swing, and pony swing.

If you included the Cajun dances, you get Mamoo two-step, Cajun two-step, Zydeco, Cajun waltz, and Cajun Jig.

Where are you located? Maybe we can reccommend a club to go to in your area, or a teacher to take lessons with.

5. dTas

dTas New Member

dancing to country music is like dancing to any other kind of music. take some lessons, get out there and dance.

it all depends on your goals... are you just looking to social dance? then take some free lessons and get out there and dance. that is one thing that country has on a regular basis that others don't. free lessons.

are you looking to take it a bit further, accomplished dancer? attend some group classes or a regular private.

competition? private lessons, coaching, lots of practice... etc. in the upper levels you have to worry about pretty much the same things that the rest of the types of dancing worry about.

what are you looking for?

6. Jena

Jena New Member

Every (Country dance) club is different.. but many offer free lessons to get you started...

Again, where do you live?