Dance Ads > Anyone looking for a partner in the East Midlands, England?

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Nikonovna, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Nikonovna

Nikonovna New Member

Fat chance, but I thought I'd give it a go. I know a lot of people use DF, but I believe it's all mostly North American people. Here are my stats though, just in case:

• 5'7" wos
    • 130 pounds
    • Intermediate level, Latin (open to dancing Ballroom as well)
    • 22 years old
    • based in Leicester, UK
    • Looking for a partner to practice or compete with, & preferably take lessons with as well.
    I am in England until August 2008, and then I move back home to the USA (I am on a year long exchange program at the University of Leicester). I'm on facebook too, so send me a shout if you want to exchange names. So if some lucky guy is looking for a girl to practice/compete with for the next five months or so, then please send me a message at: Lbohonik@ku.edu. Thanks!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! lol. Yes, I am begging now!

2. xxtupikxx

xxtupikxx Member

So mysterious "Nikonovna" how interesting that you have a ku.edu email address.... i wonder who you could be.... :)

3. Nikonovna

Nikonovna New Member

don't be a smartass Joe unless you're planning on coming to dance with me in England!

And Nikon is my dad's name, fyi!

4. hamstersphere

hamstersphere New Member

There's a partner search forum at dancesport dot uk dot com ... no luck from your uni dance club?

5. Nikonovna

Nikonovna New Member

No luck at my Uni dance club. Everyone is either a beginner or has a partner already. I've swear I've been to every major dancepartner search page on the internet: dancesport UK, dancepartner dot com, & I'm signed on to nearly every facebook partner search that exists.

really really bites!

if anyone knows of anyone else, or knows a better website than those, than please share!

6. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

The guy is lucky, but look who's asking for help. Such an irony ;)

7. Nikonovna

Nikonovna New Member

Sigh....Does it ever get easy to find a lasting partner???

It's like every guy is either too good (like been dancing since they were 3 or something ridiculous) or they are COMPLETELY new. Where are all in the inbetween people? And more specifically, where are those inbetween people in England at???

8. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

We're in New Jersey!

9. reb

reb Active Member

at the center of the universe . . .

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Nah, NJ is the middle of nowhere when it comes to partners. NYC is the center of the universe !

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

If I have to go to Jersey (or New England in general) to see the center of the universe, I think I'll be happy to stay on the edge. Or the very fringe, here in Kuwait. ;)

12. Nikonovna

Nikonovna New Member

so is london appparently. gosh darnit!!

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Aren't you are leaving in August Nik? - if you find someone isn't that going to be a factor for him? Won't he ask the same question?

14. Nikonovna

Nikonovna New Member

ha, good point. Maybe I can import them back to the USA??

15. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Another "in-betweener" in NJ...with no Am partner. Pickings don't seem to be any better for us females here either...:(

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Absolutely. A good dance partner? Sure to get a tax credit from the FEDs.

17. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

Pickings aren't much better for female partners up here in Albany, New York

18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

ummm....we do not allow dance advertisements for partners in our main ballroom forum guys, so I'll be moving this thread to dance ads. Sorry!

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

WooOOOooowee!

That was quite a ride!

20. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

*grin*