Dancers Anonymous > "Application for a night out with the girls"

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

APPLICATION FOR A NIGHT OUT WITH THE GIRLS

Name of Girlfriend/Fiancé/Partner/Wife: __________________________

I’m going out.

Signed: (me) _______________________________________

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'm not my brotha's, nor my sista's, keepa!!

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's strange. :roll: That's exactly what my application looked like... back when I needed one. :wink: :lol:

4. danceguy

danceguy New Member

You forgot to put the note in the cookbook that reads "Your dinner is on page 42." :lol: :D ;) :lol:

SG

5. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

er, why would one (male OR female) want their female S.O. to know that they're out with other women?

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:nope: :nope: :nope: I am not falling for that tsb. :wink: It is the woman saying she wants a night out with the girls and is therefore giving herself permission :p

7. pygmalion

Um. SG. What's the deal with the dinner on page 42 clause?

I've had two major and two minor boyfriends in my lifetime, and none of them ever worried about what I was having for dinner while they were out with the boys. They just went.

So why does the woman's contract require a dinner statement? :roll: Enquiring minds want to know. :wink: :lol:

8. danceguy

danceguy New Member

:doh: :headwall: :doh:

I think you misunderstood...I got that joke from an old funny book where the man comes home from work (set in the olden days) and all he finds for dinner is a cookbook with a note saying "your dinner is on page 42", ie the running joke is the the traditional housewife decided to have a night out and didn't cook Mr. Breadwinner his dinner.

Sorry, I guess its not PC anymore...:?

9. pygmalion

I was just messing with you, SG. I got it. My Mom is one of those traditional housewives, so I know how it goes. My Dad doesn't even heat up a can of soup if my Mom's around to do it.

And it's not demeaning. She has her department (anything involving household finances, management or food) and he has his department (heavy lifting, non-repetitive household chores, repairs, and providing financial support.) They both do what they're supposed to do, and everybody's happy. Works for them. *shrug*