Appropriate Gift for a Dance Teacher

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by tango, Dec 17, 2003.

1. tango

tango New Member

During the Christmas season I like to give and make people happy. I tip the paperboy, hair dresser, give money to the poor etc. etc. Does anyone tip or give a gift to their instructor(s) and if so how much is appropriate or what kind of gift is appropriate?
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi tango! There are some good gift suggestions under the Dance Gifts thread. And back when I was at a franchised studio with a bunch of teachers, I gave my main teacher a fairly large gift, and everyone else gift cards at Best Buy -- so they could buy a CD or whatever they wanted. That worked out well.
  3. bonz

bonz New Member

gifts/tipping for partners/instructors

I have been taking classes for 3 months. I have a wonderful instuctor and would like to give her a nice and appropriate Chstrimas gift. Any suggestion?
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi bonz. Welcome. :D
  5. dTas

dTas New Member

welcome Bonz

music? a CD?

i don't know where you are so i'm not sure if this applies but...

does she complain about being cold in the studio? if you are up north somewhere then it is possible that the studio is cold. you could get her some gloves or hand warmers or a nice warm scarf that she could wear during her lesson. nothing so big that its imposing but something stylish but functional.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Hi, bonz :D

Maybe a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant or store?
  7. dTas

dTas New Member

a gift certificate is a good idea... how about to a spa or beauty shop?
  8. Freya

Freya New Member

How about a small present, something dance related. Just a thought: Maybe a musical box with a dancer on it, something maybe a little bit old fashioned but always nice and romaaaantic...
    I'm an instructor myself. I assure you I would get this :oops: colour on my face.
  9. dTas

dTas New Member

but is a romantic gift a good idea?
  10. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

One year, I got my instructor a gift basket from the Body Shop with their peppermint foot lotion, a pumice stone, and some other foot care items.
  11. MacMoto

MacMoto New Member

This thread has reminded me... wasn't Danoo going to get something for his teacher for Christmas (since he missed her birthday by a mile)? Wonder what he's chosen?

I like Body Shop gift baskets. Well, it doesn't have to be Body Shop -- I like little toiletry gift baskets, either for giving or receiving.
  12. etchuck

etchuck New Member

I've given all my dance instructors a dance calendar with pictures of our team. Granted some of the instructors are married to each other, so I hope it wasn't too cheap for me to give them both one gift. :?
  13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df Bonz. :D

Couple thoughts... There are many little dance related things that you can get. How well you know your teacher? Or do you know someone who knows her? That person may have a better idea of what to give that is meaningful. You also still have time to chat with your teacher about things and sort of ferret out what she may like...
  14. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Anything chocolate :D
  15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yeah, check out the thread where everyone was giving gift ideas to Danoo.

I like Body Shop gift baskets, too! I'm still using stuff(mango body wash, yum!) I got from a friend not too long ago! :D
  16. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

A gift certificate for foot massage. Perfect for dancers. :D
  17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:lol:

...and welcome to the DF bonz & Freya! :D
  19. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now there's a short but exhuberant post! :)
  20. IvyAB

IvyAB Member

A gift certificate to Showtime Dance Shoes.