Dancers Anonymous > Are you a heavy drinker?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

hmmm... a bit stilted... no options for people who do not drink at all or even just less than once a week.

3. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Doesn't count for all those years when I had little kids at home and didn't go out at all. I probably drank twice a year then, if that. :)

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

And some of us go out to dance, not to drink.

5. dancergal

dancergal New Member

And I especially cannot dance if I drink. My spins go out of control. Wobble, wobble. :D :D :D

6. SDsalsaguy

Uggggg! One of my least favorite things is being asked to dance by a new woman, saying yes, and then getting out on the floor and realizing that she's so sloshed that she can barely stand up straight. :x

Of course it is exactly these women who are convinced of their own inestimable ability and style so then proceed to careen into everyone within our general vicinity drawing many hostile looks my way. Yuck! Almost makes me want to consider giving breathalyzer tests to prospective partners! :wink:

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

One drink, sipped slowly, with appetizers. After that, diet coke. That's my out in a club dancing and drinking rule. One drink looks sociable enough, and helps me loosen up a little. More than that, and I loosen up too much.

However, when I'm at home and looking to discover some new moves or lose some dancing inhibitions, it's two drinks. And some of the most amazing things happen. Syncopations appear out of nowehere. Shoulder shakes and hip articulations that I didn't know I knew just happen. It's a beautiful thing. And then, the next day, all that stuff comes out in my non-drinkind dancing. Cool! :D

8. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Yes, me too Jenn. One drink is my limit at a club. I get it when I first get there and after that I drink water. I can loosen up a little with a drink or two. I'm more relaxed and can pull out better moves when I dance, but I can tell right away in my spins if I have more than one. :cry:

9. msc

msc New Member

Alcohol also tends to dehydrate the body, not the best idea on a hot dance floor.

10. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

At the club I tend to frequent... when I actually get out to dance... I am known for my pitcher of water that I get from the bar first thing. I stretch to loosen up... that seems to work quite well for me. :D

11. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Yes, msc, you're right. When I'm dancing and getting really hot, I only want to drink water. If you look around the club that we go to, you can spot the dancers by all the bottles of water on their tables. :lol:

12. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I can vouch for that. :wink: And I would never hydrate if you didn't. Hey are you coming tonight?

13. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Oh... I'm a wimp when it comes to drinking. I drink water when I go out, but clubs here charge almost the same if not the same for a battle of water as the do a beer. :cry:

14. SDsalsaguy

Granted the bottles of water were fairly small, but still, the club I was at in Las Vegas last weekend only charged $1 for water! Now that's my kind of place!

15. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

OMG.. It will be cheaper for me to fly to vegas and dance than here in NY City. A bottle of water ranges from $5 to $7 depending on the club. When I find them for $4 I feel like I just got a deal of a life time, I'm all smiles, and I'll even throw a dollar tip...

One time my lady love asked for an alcholic beverage and it was $15 bucks for an 8 once cup. Absolute and Cranberry Juice. I didn't notice it until I gave the bartender a $2 dollar tip. when I told him I had given him a $20, he said, I know, the drink is $15... Talk about feeling violated! Last time I buy a drink there. Could care less if la Hector Lavoe is back from the after life to sing... That was a rip off...

16. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Fun little quiz with cute graphics and animations...I agree the choices are not very accurate, but still kinda fun all the same.

Thanks for sharing! :D

17. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I usually drink a glass of wine (sometimes 2) before bed each night. That is the extent of my drinking. I don't like to drink when I dance because I don't dance as well and I end up not having as much fun. However, I do remember some wild times I had drinking and dancing when I was a little younger. For example, they use to have a "Bubble Night" at this club where the dance floor was filled about 3 or 4 feet high with bubbles. You'd be surprised what a couple of drinks and some bubbles can do!

18. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I have a growing interest in DanceMentor's sortid past.

19. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Woweeee! $15 bucks for a drink!! That's highway robbery! How much was your cover charge to get in??

20. dancergal

dancergal New Member

:D :D :D :D Me too!