Dancers Anonymous > Are You Ready For Some Football?!?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by tj, Aug 14, 2007.

1. tj

tj New Member

Thought I'd make a thread for any of us who want to talk about the upcoming NFL season.

What are your predictions? Who is your favorite team? Do you play Fantasy Football?

2. tj

tj New Member

Predictions:
    Division winners:

AFC
    East - Patriots
    North - Ravens
    South - Colts
    West - Chargers

Wild card teams - Broncos & Bengals

NFC
    East - Cowboys
    North - Bears
    South - Panthers
    West - (tough call) Rams?

Wild card - Saints, Eagles

Superbowl winner? Patriots

(...I'm rooting for the Broncos. But Jay Cutler's still too raw to take them all the way.)

3. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Don't know enough about the teams but my favorites are the Broncos!!!

4. tj

tj New Member

I must admit I watched the Broncos game last night, and then watched SYTYCD after the first hour of the game. Jay Cutler scrambled for about 15-20 yds and got hit pretty hard. I was holding my breath when I saw that, but he was fine afterwards.

I'm a bit concerned about the Broncos defense. They looked a little shaky, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to the new scheme.

5. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

@ tj:

I wouldn't say that I'm actually a Bronco FAN persay. I actually never watched football at all until a couple of years ago, and I'm still just learning how it works.

SO is a hs football coach and a big Bronco fan, so I'm trying to get into it (I've never been anti-football, just never had a reason to care - grew up watching the Yankees with my dad).

I did watch the game last night (even the 4th qtr after SO fell asleep! :)). Besides, got to have some CO pride!

6. tj

tj New Member

I like him already! And good for you to show interest. :banana:

:) You did better than me, too. I stopped watching after the first hour.

7. Angelo

Angelo Member

I make no predictions about the upcoming season. I am a Dolphins fan (this season's gonna be a train wreck), though I often root for the Broncos and Steelers too. I am playing Fantasy Football for the first time ever this season.

8. tj

tj New Member

I haven't been keeping track of the Dolphins (yet). Is Ronnie Brown still slated to be the starting RB? Didn't they get him some competition?

Good luck! Don't forget to keep track of those late injuries, and make sure to get yourself a decent (hopefully up-to-date) magazine.

9. Angelo

Angelo Member

Ronnie Brown is the starter. They drafted Lorenzo Booker as a smaller, faster runner (kind of like Maurice Jones-Drew) to change up the running game or when Ronnie needs a break. He can also catch pretty well too apparently

10. LucyDiamond

I don't know anything about the players anymore as I haven't kept up since I moved to NJ 20+ years ago. But, I will ALWAYS be a Broncos fan. When I lived in Denver I had season tickets and went to most every home game. It was GREAT fun!!!

11. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm ready for some football, but can't really get into pre-season.

Most experts are picking the Patriots to win it all this season.

Being a Packers fan I'm likely to be asked the question so here's my answer in advance - if the team does not do well then it will probably be Brett Favre's final year, but if they do well he may just hang around.

12. meow

meow New Member

Way back when I was a kid and lived in San Francisco I was taken to see the 49ers fairly often. I still remember the fun, the cheerleaders and the Red Indian. So, I guess they are the team for me but unfortunately your football isn't shown on our TV very often. And I don't really understand the rules as I was young when I went to the games.
    Have any of you seen Aust football or Rugby? Very different and no padding.

13. LucyDiamond

I've never been able to get into pre-season games.

14. DennisBeach

DennisBeach New Member

I am ready for football, but I don't have much interest in the NFL. I really like High School and college football, but rarely watch the pros. Packers are my favortie team, because when they play, there is very little traffic in the area and that is great for going for a bike ride. I live 60 miles from Green Bay.

15. Spitfire

All sympathy to the family, friends and acquaintances of Bill Walsh, one of the greatest coaches of all time.

16. tj

tj New Member

1st game of the season on Thursday. Colts vs Saints. :bouncy:

17. LucyDiamond

Go Broncos!!!

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Darn! For a moment I thought that this was about soccer....

19. Spitfire

Colts looked in championship form last night.

Glad football is here. :)

20. tj

tj New Member

I'll say! Their defense looked top notch!

I bet that NO CB (David) wasn't happy about being burned for 3 TD's either. :shock: