Dancers Anonymous > Are You Ready For Some Football?!?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by tj, Aug 14, 2007.

1. tj

tj New Member

I think this article sums it up pretty well except for the author not mentioning that incredible (lucky?) catch by David Tyree...

2. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Wow I wasn't expecting the game to end like that. Now I guess I don't feel as bad about the Packers loss.

3. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Is there anything else? ;)

4. DancePoet

Interesting article, and thanks for posting. :cool:

The Giants defense played very well, while their offense came through in the end, and the Pats didn't make the plays they needed inorder to win on either side of the ball. I'm happy for Eli, Strahan, and Toomer, and my best friend from college who is a huge NY fan. I'm sad for the situation that the Patriots and their fans are now in with the result.

The Giants seemed to be playing at their peak when it counted the most and were able to capitalize on the Pats seeming to be less than what they have been. It was a very dramatic game, and what happened with it, and the season, could make what others have accomplished, and will, that much more special as well.

5. tj

tj New Member

The thing is, that even with the loss yesterday, the Pats are still poised to be the closest thing to a dynasty in today's NFL. Sure, they've got to re-sign Moss, and make decisions about re-signing Asante Samuel and Donte Stallworth, but they've got the 7th overall pick in the draft as well as salary cap room. They'll definitely be an exception to the "losing Superbowl team doesn't make the playoffs the next season" trend.

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I had picked the Pats to win, but it was the type of game I expected it to be.

I think it might have been better for the Pats had they have lost a few games in regular season. The unbeaten status had to have added to the pressure.

Now, over in the NBA the Celtics appear to be on a roll.

7. reb

reb Active Member

Joe - you continue to distinguish yourself with short verse . . .

8. DancePoet

Good point on the dynasty.

Also, the Patriots will need to be making decisions regarding guys like Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, and Tedy Bruschi. It could be a much different team next year.

9. DancePoet

Just heard on national news that there were an estimated 98 million people watching the Super Bowl this year and it is being reported as being quite possibly the most ever.

10. tj

tj New Member

Congratulations to Brett Favre! Calling it quits after 17 seasons. Sorry to see him go, but he said he was mentally tired.

Also, congrats to you Pats fans - you got Moss back, and at a discount.

11. Spitfire

Thanks for the memories Brett, the great ones overshadow the not so great!

And it doesn't look like we'll see him in the broadcast booth. From what I gather he wants to spend a quiet post career on his spread in Mississippi.

12. lcdancesport

Thank you Brett Favre, you won't be forgotten!

I thought he would have done one more year.

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

The shame is finally over. ;)

14. lcdancesport

Just for you ETP:

The number of starting quarterbacks used by each NFL team since Brett Favre's streak of consecutive starts began on Sept. 27, 1992:

Chicago Bears - 21
    Washington Redskins - 18
    Arizona/Phoenix Cardinals - 17
    Miami Dolphins - 17
    Atlanta Falcons - 16
    Cleveland Browns - 16
    New Orleans Saints - 16
    Oakland/L.A. Raiders 16
    St.Louis/L.A. Rams 16
    Dallas Cowboys - 15
    Detroit Lions - 15
    N.Y. Jets - 15
    Baltimore Ravens - 14
    Minnesota Vikings - 14
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 14
    Denver Broncos - 13
    Philadelphia Eagles - 13
    San Diego Chargers - 13
    Cincinnati Bengals - 12
    San Francisco 49ers - 12
    Seattle Seahawks - 12
    Tennessee/Houston Oilers/Titans - 12
    Carolina Panthers - 11
    Buffalo Bills - 10
    Jacksonville Jaguars - 10
    Indianapolis Colts - 9
    N.Y. Giants - 9
    Pittsburgh Steelers - 9
    Kansas City Chiefs - 9
    New England Patriots - 7
    Houston Texans - 5
    Green Bay Packers -1

:rolleyes::p

15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

LOL, I was starting to wonder if I was gonna get away with that one. :)

And not sure I'd call Grosman a quarterback. More like a softball player who got lost on way to diamond and ended up in a Bears uniform.

16. tj

tj New Member

About da Bears - what are they doing with their WR core? They've now lost both Muhammad and Berrian...

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not to mention their QB situation. ;)

18. tj

tj New Member

Thoughts about the Brett Favre drama?

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Both sides have a point. The Packers are stupid if they think Aaron Rodgers gives them a better chance of winning than Favre does. But Favre basically told the Packers to make plans without him this season when he "retired" so he can't really say they shouldn't have moved on with plans.

20. Spitfire

I think he's driving everyone nuts, he seems to have trouble making a decision and sticking with one. It's already been mentioned that if he does come back to the team he'll back up Rodgers who is now the designated starter.