Dancers Anonymous > Are You Ready For Some Football?!?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by tj, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

IMO that would be a waste.

2. tj

tj New Member

Personally, I'd like to see Favre play, and I think he gives the Packers the best chance of winning.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

August 30 - first home game for my 'Cats.

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Mine too, ;)

5. Spitfire

With all this fuss that's being made I hope so, if he does indeed come back.

6. QPO

QPO New Member

I (hate) football of any persuasion, its a jocks sport and they all get paid way too much money, I know plenty would disagree with me and that is ok, because I don't ask others not to like it :)

7. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

favre should pack it in - and let history record that his last game for his team was a loss as a result of throwing that pick. he put up numbers and won *some* games, but he lost his share by trying to force the ball into coverage - it was all about what *he* could do, and not about the team. he even went as far as to tell rodgers: "i'm not here to mentor you". finally, the only super bowl he won was as much because desmond howard had a MVP day on returns.

8. Spitfire

Well, those numbers and *some* games were good enough to set an all time NFL record. True, so were the INT's, but the + stats far outweigh these.

This certainly isn't true in the minds of Packers fans of which I'm one, and others who know quite well that Brett Favre was able to set his passing records because he also had some very good receivers and for the most part a pretty good o-line. There's as much appreciation for some pretty good RB's. You can say what you want about any negatives, but I'm very happy and appreciative that it was Brett Favre who was the QB for the team.

9. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

37 days to kick-off.

10. Spitfire

Longest sports related thread here, have to start a new one for next season. If I don't start one I'll bet TJ will

11. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Apparently the word is Favre is heading to training camp soon for the Packers. Will he get traded? Not sure. Oh the drama, I just hope he doesn't regret coming back, if that will be the final decision.

12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh LC< I knew you'd have to get involved with Favre discussion eventually. :)

Looks like we have Urlacher, haven't heard for sure on Hester.

13. tj

tj New Member

Hester signed a new contract. Favre hasn't put in his papers for reinstatement yet.

14. Spitfire

Right now I believe that Brett Favre will either stay retired or play for another team, something I didn't think he'd ever do. I don't think he'll be in a Packer uniform if he does play.

15. tj

tj New Member

IMHO, the Packers are a better team with Favre than without, but hey, it's their decision to make, I guess.

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Thanks tj

17. tj

tj New Member

Sure thing. Details are: it was a 4 year extension for $40 mill. He already had two years remaining, so he's signed thru 2013. Apparently they're saying he's going to be their #1 WR?

Details here.

18. lcdancesport

Favre faxed in his papers for reinstatement. The Packers president flew down to Mississippi to make sure Brett doesn't come in to training camp this week because of all the media.

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

But the league hasn't "processed" the reinstatement papers yet. Guess they're trying to give the Packers a little more time to sort things out.

20. lcdancesport

Yeah and now I hear a rumor going around they're trying to offer $20 Mill to Favre to stay retired! This is getting messy, why couldn't he have gone out on top??