Dancers Anonymous > Are You Ready For Some Football?!?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by tj, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, technically losing the conference championship game and having your last pass ever be an interception isn't quite "on top." ;)

2. tj

tj New Member

They said on ESPN last night that Favre, if he won't be allowed to start for the Packers, wants to start for one of the division rivals... :shock:

3. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Luckily that didn't happen... but now Brett's a Jet. Packers don't play the Jets though this season unless it's in the Superbowl.

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I think we can safely eliminate that "unless" clause. ;)

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

6. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

7. mamboqueen

:tongue: I'm sure Giselle will take good care of him ;), but I know people who have never been the same after this surgery. I hope that's not the case.

8. tj

tj New Member

The injury signifies a pretty major power shift in the AFC. Then again, the other two preseason favs, the Colts and Chargers both lost yesterday. Maybe the Steelers move up in the AFC rankings?

And one of the NFC favs, the Cowboys, have yet to win a playoff game under Romo + Wade Phillips.

9. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Colts are still adjusting to Manning being back...this was his first game back from his knee surgery. And first string center Jeff Saturday is out with a pretty serious injury...he may not be back until mid-season, if at all :-( Don't know a whole lot about the Chargers...

10. tj

tj New Member

Yeah, I think the Colts were pretty seriously affected by the loss of Saturday. The Bears D had a pretty good game, probably because of it. The Colts are still one of the best teams in the NFL, but I don't think they're gonna go 14-2. (Prediction of high water mark: 12-4)

And hey, Harrison looked good, considering how he was a question mark going into the game.

11. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I'm hoping Saturday's injury isn't going to be a repeat of Marvin Harrison's last year...they just kinda fell apart without him :-( Hopefully Jeff will be back soon...they announced that he WASN'T going to have surgery, so he wouldn't be out as long. Guess we'll have to see *crosses fingers*

One thing that always keeps the NFL interesting is the constant power shifts...you can be at the top of league one year, and then 1-15 the next. So it really is anyone's game any given year...unless, of course, you're the Dolphins or the Falcons. Doubt we'll be seeing any power plays from either or them this year...:lol:

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I can't believe that it's football season already! Saturday was horrible at work. Every five minutes from my bosses, make sure the college stations are working! I was like, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing! And then you'd hear, this game starts at this time, and this game starts at this time all day long. Thankfully, I have good contacts in the different cities to make sure that the games go smoothly. But good grief. I'm worn out, but I love my job! Everything went smoothly as I thought, so wohoo for me!;) Because if it doesn't go smoothly, trust me when I say that my job could be on the line. If anything goes wrong, I better be on the phone figuring out why the particular television station isn't working!

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

14. mamboqueen

eeeeeee!

15. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

16. tj

tj New Member

Well, I think what affected them a lot is how last minute the injury was. Hopefully with the additional preparation time they'll be able to handle his absence from the lineup. And hey, losing Saturday isn't nearly as major as what happened to the Pats.

I think the uncertainty (so far) of this season makes it more compelling to watch.